Blue passports

Sportsman

I agree, but it is not Frances job to control your borders either.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

We aren't failing to control our borders and palming people arriving from elsewhere off on France. If they want customs at our end, fine. Put anyone who hasn't already established a right to enter back on the next train.

Because they're supposed to claim asylum in the first safe country they come to so if they have come via France then France isn't dealing with them correctly when they enter France.

:doh: So by international law they should be seeking asylum in Italy or Greece, which is where most of them landed. So how have they ended up in Calais waiting to get to the UK, they should never have been allowed in to France, unless the French knew they didn't want to stay in France, it was a stepping stone to the UK. Apparently the million that Germany welcomed with open arms will be granted German citizenship and can then come here under EU rules and we can't do anything about it. :bye2:

That is a serious allegation. If you have evidence to confirm that you should go to the Police.

Why would the police care ? Everyone can see them a couple were (not been to folkestone since we lost the car) were actually building cabins from pallet wood ,you could hide hundreds down there its a big bit of wilderness.

Most is down to ownership the railway own some the council do aswell so theres always the old cop out of each other blaming the other.

We counted at least 20 tents dotted about and its not cheap holiday people just wild camping they camp at the folkestone end .

As i mentioned many years ago we were stopped at maidstone services at the lorry side (bigger parking for our camper) we spotted 4 people getting out a lorry and told a copper ,he got on his radio to a couple of other cops who caught 2 .

We chatted to presumably the more senior one who pointed to a 15 seat (or 12) minibus he said they filled it several times a day and took the illegals to maidstone train station gave them a ticket to croydon and there their interest ended.

As for france we are perfectly able under law to just pass a person illegaly entering the country to the country they came from ,if they come via tunnel or boat its most probably france.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I agree, but it is not Frances job to control your borders either.

Its frances job to control their border against illegal entry ,france has a far larger border than the channel one! It most probably looks the other way at its other borders knowing full well any wishing to come to the uk will eventually leave their country saving money trying to deport them themselves across their other border to spain or whatever

I still think the word UK means the illegal is pointed in the right direction right across europe ,the countries know fully well the problem will leave their border and become someone elses problem

I said long ago we should be building a huge island in the channel as a ferry transit port so we can grab the illegals and send them straight back ,its a bit late once their feet are on the mainland!?

We will pay far more in benefits once they are caught living here then claim asylum to try not being deported than building it ,we can build lots using cheap labour here on work permits if cod wants

Think of the job creation turning that kent airport into a seized lorry park ,lots of fencing round piles of containers to house the criminals driving them ,could be a great money spinner

Think when we own all the ferries when we confiscate them and those posh trains when we take them when just one illegal is discovered ,its win win all the way

The only flaw is a weak government to afraid of foreigners to do it and prefer to pick on its own people than upset other peoples

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Norm

It is a lot more difficult to stop anyone crossing a border on mainland Europe when there are so many ways to do it. There is also the Schengen agreement, so that is why they are in France (and every other country in Europe.)

Of those in France, the majority stay there and ask for asylum. Why wouldn't they? They are more likely to be granted asylum in France than in the UK and the get more benefits.

A small minority, a few thousand, want to carry on to the UK.

Many more move on up through Belgium and Holland and to Scandinavia.

France is not a stepping stone to the UK.

I think it is a great idea for the UK to control their borders, as long as they do it in the UK. Of course, you have only got the Port of Dover and Folkestone terminal to worry about and you apparently have millions of illegal immigrants getting in. Then you blame France.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

They will be coming in through all ports from anywhere ,overstayers entered legally then become illegals,those brought in via criminal gangs and chancers Calaise is probably just a hot spot as its closest

Shengham has no revalence it only applies to EU nationals not those outside entering the EU from an non EU country

Claiming assylum is an excuse once you turn up it can be done quite legally from your home country but you take the chance its rejected ,doing it here has a greater chance if its rejected you simply appeal and drag it out for a decade ,hope for a chance the gov simply give in or simply disapear and hope your not caught

Theres seems to be a lucrative income of excepting the governments bribe to leave then come back and do it again lol

You can safely presume the more the immigration people concentrate on dover the less they do everywhere else and the illegal or his helper will know that

And whilst waiting at the local jobcenter i know from experience its far eeasier just to give in (english chap claiming for his 'wife' but having no paperwork to prove it) and have an easy life than try and disprove it and put a bit of effort in and not fullfil your quota for the day.

I have seen 'clients' who cause a problem pretending to have lost their giro being given another one so they leave in the days they were used.

So i guess its widespread in official circles with less and less staff doing more and more work

Edited by chesters1

The weird thing is Chesters, I think you actually believe that.
The answer is to move the border control back to UK soil, where it belongs so that you can take back control.

I've no problem with that at all.

Of course, just as with airlines crossing national boarders, ferry and train operators would still be required to adequately to carry out full security checks, passport checks and ticket checks prior to embarkation - and should stowaways or similar breeches of security become a problem, the British government should still retain the right to fine operators and/or close routes.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

France isn't the first safe place that they come to, is it?

They will have been through 3 or 4 borders to get to France.

Why should France be the ones to control them.

BTW, France takes three times the asylum seekers that the UK does already

Edit

The Dublin Regulation is quite straightforward. Refugees/immigrants in Europe do not get to choose where in Europe they live. The State where they first enter Europe, most commonly Greece or Italy, is responsible for evaluating their right to asylum and remains responsible, even if they have left to go to another country. The individual should be returned to the country of entry. So, if someone gets into the UK, they should be evaluated and returned to Greece or Italy to have their right to asylum decided upon. This means that the must reside in that country.

In practice, this results in Italy and Greece being penalised, both socially and financially, so if any individuals want to leave , the governments are likely to turn a blind eye.

This is how they subsequently arrive in all of the countries that were not their point of entry.

BTW, contrary to what the Express believes, it is only a small minority which wish to enter the UK, usually because they speak English or they have family or friends in the UK

So, the answer is clear. Sort them out in a camp in Folkestone and send them back to their point of entry, which will not be France.

Point of entry where they came to the UK from is France so send them back there then France can send them back to whichever country they entered France from as obviously France isn't doing their checks correctly as they let them in either from Italy or Greece or where ever, so instead of doing there usual trick of just shrugging there shoulders and not giving two sh1ts as long as they just pass through France and become someone else's problem they should stop them coming into France in the first place.