Blue passports

Sportsman

Sorry, point of entry is the state that they entered into Europe. The UK would be responsible for sending them back to Grecce, Turkey, Italy or wherever.

Why should they expect France to do it for them.

You would be in the same situation as the rest of Europe

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

"The profile for a removal from port looks like this: the person arrived at a port of entry and failed their landing interview. As a result they got 'turned around', 'bounced', 'refused', 'denied entry', or to be precise: 'removed'. When a person is removed from port, the authorities do not need to send the person to their home country, they can pick any country where the person is admissible. Part of the removal process involves taking the person's biometrics. This is voluntary, but if the person refuses, they get a 10 year ban under Paragraph 320 (8A)."

Thats just ones that claim assylum it also applies to those that try to get in without asking i find it strange a criminal can refuse to give biometrics unlike any suspect that live here breaking a law ,ofcourse its pandering to foreigners giving them more rights that us as usual!

IE if their last country of origin is france then they are sent back to france ,the difficult bit is if they are caught on the mainland and we dont know how they got here then they have to be sent to their home country which is extremely hard to do if they hide ,halve false ID or just not say!

If we can stop them at the point of entry then we have a great chance of removing them but then we need thousands of immigration officers not the few we have now ,obviasly our governments want them here or they would have a border of steel and none get in

Its actually easier to get in than it was in henry the 8ths day when the coast had watchers every few hundred yards looking out for invasion

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Now you are talking about country of origin, not point of entry and as it says, you have to catch them before they enter, and of course, if France catch them entering from the UK they can do exactly the same and send them back to UK.

I am not sure whether the Dublin Regulation will apply after Brexit, in which case you would have to send them back to their home country.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Now you are talking about country of origin, not point of entry and as it says, you have to catch them before they enter, and of course, if France catch them entering from the UK they can do exactly the same and send them back to UK.

I am not sure whether the Dublin Regulation will apply after Brexit, in which case you would have to send them back to their home country.

Where the entry originated from and yes it was found we were bringing back illegals trying to get out of the country ,its both ways not just france

If the person was found at dover then france was the country of origin and they get sent back ,the calaise border control saves a lot of paperwork on both sides and ofcourse french customs is on our side going out! They can refuse entry to france to anyone in return outside of this ,IE if the smith family want to go to france and the french dont want them they get turned round long before they get to france

As far as i know (or can be arsed to research) we have no similar thing with any other country so in most probability france is a blind and the immigrant not being stupid in getting to a bordering country just hops on a lorry from any other country knowing he will only be caught (in the rare cases they are) on british soil and have a far greater reason to stay because the return paperwork is complicated and theres not enough detention centers to hold them all and in most cases while its ongoing the criminal is just told to report at a local cop shop and runs off laughing and going by programs about immigration if caught again gets told to report and again runs of laughing and on and on!

The last official report i found was there was a 14 year backlog of decisions (for those asking to stay not those hiding) i can bet theres amnesties happening to stop it growing to 20!

PS the EU isnt a country its a collection of them the law states the country of origin (as in the one they travelled from last) not the state of europe there at the moment is no such place but its in the planning stages

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Norm

It is a lot more difficult to stop anyone crossing a border on mainland Europe when there are so many ways to do it. There is also the Schengen agreement, so that is why they are in France (and every other country in Europe.)

Of those in France, the majority stay there and ask for asylum. Why wouldn't they? They are more likely to be granted asylum in France than in the UK and the get more benefits.

A small minority, a few thousand, want to carry on to the UK.

Many more move on up through Belgium and Holland and to Scandinavia.

France is not a stepping stone to the UK.

I think it is a great idea for the UK to control their borders, as long as they do it in the UK. Of course, you have only got the Port of Dover and Folkestone terminal to worry about and you apparently have millions of illegal immigrants getting in. Then you blame France.

:doh: I know it's more difficult in Europe but why don't the Europeans deport them when they find them without the right paperwork but worse still, why don't we deport them, if they've come through the tunnel or on a ferry France was their last stop so send them to France and let France re-trace their steps all the way back to where they landed if that's the law. :doh:

I said long ago we should be building a huge island in the channel as a ferry transit port so we can grab the illegals and send them straight back ,its a bit late once their feet are on the mainland!?

Oh sure build a big artificial island in the middle of one of the world's busiest sea lanes, if not the busiest sealane.

Have a gander at this for ten minutes or so and tell me where you would build this fantasy island of yours?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:1.8/centery:51.1/zoom:9

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Oh sure build a big artificial island in the middle of one of the world's busiest sea lanes, if not the busiest sealane.

Have a gander at this for ten minutes or so and tell me where you would build this fantasy island of yours?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:1.8/centery:51.1/zoom:9

So ships cannot steer? Make it long and thin theres already a one way system use it as a divider.

Strange the goodwin sands havent been removed if ships have not the rudder to go around it

Edited by chesters1

You really are a bit of a tube. No ships cannot steer like the same way a bloody dodgem car would and big ships need a lot of water under them.

It's a no go chesters. It would not be allowed because it would be classed as a hazard to navogation. End of story,

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

By who? The board of island designers?

Call it the boris bridge and only build the middle support island ,if its even a mile wide theres 21 left for dodgy boats with faulty rudders

Edited by chesters1

• 2 weeks later...

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.