Catch reports

Si...

I'm not really a match angler these days Keith, & only fish them as it's the only way I can get out fishing (I don't drive & ever have)

Fishing buses were the thing back in the day, with a good old card school on way home & a whip round for the driver!!

The driver thanks you for £2, 3 shillings and six pence!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Hi Martin,

Ive only just noticed you have Guitar amongst your Interests, do you play well?

I used to be in a couple of bands playing Rock music when I was younger playing rhythm Guitar plus a bit of finger picking, I wasnt the best of guitarists but I used to love it Lol.

I only have an Echo 12 string up in the loft these days but my son has a nice Les Paul Gibson which can tune itself, and which he plays better than I ever could in my day, even though I taught him to play the guitar when he first started.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I've a Sun burst Fender Strat ( hand crafted in Japan) not played for 3 year or more & a Norman Electro acoustic (Canada) + a Fender Blues Junior valve amp.

Just don't seem to find the time to play these days,

Yes, still like to think I can do a bit!!! though very rusty (unlike my elder brother)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 2

When I was 16 yr old I used to get up in our WMC & play Apache with my older brothers band.

I'm now 61, he's 66!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 2

I had a Fender Strat as well Martin, I also had a Yamaha electric guitar which I bought from a friend, plus a couple of Echo semi acoustic guitars; a 6 string one and a 12 string one (which I still have) my very first guitar which I was given for my 14th birthday in 1964 was a semi acoustic White Lucky 7 which belonged previously to one of my uncles, I was bought this with a copy of Bert Weedons Play in a Day book.

I had a few other guitars over the years that I picked up from various friends but nothing special.

I belonged to two amature groups between 1970 and 1977, the first was called Peanuts which we named after our female vocalist who was a Wren in the RN Lol, and the second band I was in was called The Devils Desciples and we had a brilliant lead guitarist and a brilliant Keyboard player who could virtually play any instrument. Me and the drummer were just run of the mill musicians, we played music by The Cream, Humble Pie, LED Zeplin, John Mayall and bands in the same genres.

We used to play in the occasional pub for peanuts on our ships journeys around the globe and once we appeared on an Australian TV magazine show when our ship was there.

Then I got married and left the RN and moved away and back home to Hertfordshire and never played in a band again, and my fingertips got soft again Lol.

I did however manage to teach my son his first chords and how to play Stairway to Heaven and a couple of other songs by Led Zep and a few others, but we got him proper lessons when he started to show a little promise Lol.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I have this view from my sofa.

42436650104_14fdd69cee_c.jpg

For the last few days, I have been able to see mullet cavorting in the river on the evening low tides. As you can imagine, this is somewhat distracting.

I tried fishing for them with bread - didn't seem interested. So last night I wandered down there with the fly rod. I did manage to connect to one, briefly. I think it was a mullet, anyway, it didn't feel very big but it was damned quick. Other than that, all I got was this;

42430128704_8a89ca6eff_c.jpg

If they're there again tonight, I expect I will be unable to resist. Mullet are bad for one's sanity.

• Like 2

Hi Martin,

Ive only just noticed you have Guitar amongst your Interests, do you play well?

I used to be in a couple of bands playing Rock music when I was younger playing rhythm Guitar plus a bit of finger picking, I wasnt the best of guitarists but I used to love it Lol.

I only have an Echo 12 string up in the loft these days but my son has a nice Les Paul Gibson which can tune itself, and which he plays better than I ever could in my day, even though I taught him to play the guitar when he first started.

Keith

Wouldn't say I played very well these days Keith, in fact I haven't even picked one of them up for at least a couple of years+

I did play Lead in a band with some mates at school & called ourselves "The Memphis Sound".

I've also a line 6 Echo Park effects box and a volume pedal somewhere in the house (for those "Hank" sounds lol)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

I have this view from my sofa.

42436650104_14fdd69cee_c.jpg

For the last few days, I have been able to see mullet cavorting in the river on the evening low tides. As you can imagine, this is somewhat distracting.

I tried fishing for them with bread - didn't seem interested. So last night I wandered down there with the fly rod. I did manage to connect to one, briefly. I think it was a mullet, anyway, it didn't feel very big but it was damned quick. Other than that, all I got was this;

42430128704_8a89ca6eff_c.jpg

If they're there again tonight, I expect I will be unable to resist. Mullet are bad for one's sanity.

Blimey you live in a prison!

Lucky its an open one so you can add to your bread and water!

It reminds me of fishery creek on hayling ,whoever named that place sure had a sense of humour lol

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Blimey you live in a prison!

Lucky its an open one so you can add to your bread and water!

It reminds me of fishery creek on hayling ,whoever named that place sure had a sense of humour lol

Oi, I may be a shortarse, but those railings on the balcony are waist height! :bleh:

There is actually a window downstairs with bars on it, or rather a grille. I think the last owner was a bit paranoid about security!

Oi, I may be a shortarse, but those railings on the balcony are waist height! :bleh:

There is actually a window downstairs with bars on it, or rather a grille. I think the last owner was a bit paranoid about security!

Never get paranoid about security ,dont believe if its never happened it will never happen in the future ,i would love to brick up every window and put a camera on the outside and a tv where it was ,try getting in through that lol.

I live in a practically zero crime area but despite going on holiday leaving a door unlocked i am changing my locks to avoid what may happen ,i prefer to look smug when a burgler cannot get in for a few quid than devastated losing everything and thinking i wish i had!

Got a door chain to install today ,despite the door being installed (pvc one) 6 years ago its just dawned on me if you open it theres nothing to stop anyone barging in ,that wont occur later lol

Idylic spot you have there you lucky sod ,and more bloody fish than in the river here at the moment (i dont count trout as fish!)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson