72 replies to this topic

#71 Vagabond

Vagabond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,133 posts
  • Interests:Angling, Ichthyology

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:06 AM

First outing since October - age and various infirmities kept me away from fishing, but Norma and I did toddle out for a short session on a local pond yesterday.     Not a lot caught, just perch and rudd, but it was a glorious day, early spring flowers a-flowering (celandine, wood anemone, primrose and cuckoo flower).   Nuthatch calling loud enough for me to hear and in the sky a red kite - they became common in West Sussex last year, but this is the furthest east we have seen one.

Thursday we had a non-fishing outing to a local reservoir and saw the first Little Ring Plover (3 birds) of the spring.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .
Certhia's world species - 215
Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato
...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

#72 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Now retired so free to travel, fish and do whatever i like. I like food and cooking and going to France. As for being pretentious , moi!!

Posted Today, 07:03 PM

Just testing if my pics can be posted. A good day at a delightful venue with over 20 small fish and 12 carp like this to 10lb. I blanked yesterday on a different water so needed a result.

IMG-4024.jpg

IMG-4030.jpg

imghost

#73 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Now retired so free to travel, fish and do whatever i like. I like food and cooking and going to France. As for being pretentious , moi!!

Posted Today, 07:04 PM

Tigger might recognise this venue!