35mm converter

wotnobivvy

That's impressive chesters, & would be a big £'s saving if doing loads of slides.

Jessops will probably do about same thing - except maybe wallpapering over Tony the Tiger to make it look more professional!! :thumbs: (And maybe a Bulldog clip rather than a Clothes peg!!)

Bulldog clip is the professional version lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bulldog clip is the professional version lol

Remember covering your school exercise books??

I used brown paper for mine, but many other pupils used wallpaper.

Could always tell the kids who's parents reckoned to have money!! They used Annaglypta or Vinyl.

The "Wood-Chip" kids stood out a mile - First up - Best Dressed!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

My school was a church school so a bit rigid over decorating books ,the telltale for the rich kids was long shorts!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

One kid who still sticks in my mind was one Anthony Allison, his handwriting was absolutely shocking, was always falling asleep at his desk, apparently because of the odor emanating from his house but was a real whiz on Greek Mythology.

He was maybe one of our schools smartest kids in a way, but because he was a bit smelly & not so well off, never received the credit he deserved.

Still wonder what happened to him!!

Edited by Martin56

We had blankets & Candlewick Bed spreads, but not unusual for kids to have coats as bed covers in Hunslet back in the day.

I can still remember the steam from my breath getting up for school in the mornings.

And the Gerry under the bed. No Bathroom, shared toilet + Newspaper on a nail was outside. (Torch or candle required at night)

These days can have a sh** in the bedroom - it's called en suite!!

I'm quite regular - 5 o'clock every morning - only trouble is, I don't get up till 6!!

Edited by Martin56

• 2 weeks later...

We had blankets & Candlewick Bed spreads, but not unusual for kids to have coats as bed covers in Hunslet back in the day.

I can still remember the steam from my breath getting up for school in the mornings.

And the Gerry under the bed. No Bathroom, shared toilet + Newspaper on a nail was outside. (Torch or candle required at night)

These days can have a sh** in the bedroom - it's called en suite!!

I'm quite regular - 5 o'clock every morning - only trouble is, I don't get up till 6!!

I sometimes wonder how old some posters on here are. I am 58. I was brought up mainly on Scottish hill farms. I have never lived in a house that did not have; running hot and cold water; mains or Start-O-Matic electricity; and electric blankets. My Grandfather was s shepard and my Father was a tractorman/cattleman. We were not what you would call rich.

My Grandmother would have cut the throat of anybody who tried to scare kids with tails of any kind of bogey-men hiding under their beds.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Our last house (moved in in 1986) was the first house i ever lived in with central heating ,oil fired that couldnt heat the whole house so half the rads were off .this house has gas thank goodness.

My first real bath in a house was when i was 17 ,before that it was last in line to the tin bath the water was initially heated in a copper and you as you used the bath had the water taken above tepid with a kettle of hot water ,being last the water was already full of soap so rinsing your hair impossible ,took an age to comb it out in the morning!.

The only hot water in one house (the only house with hot water as a kid) was an ascot by the kitchen sink but my old man was terrified of fire (got trapped in one in the suez crises) it was never on when he was home nor any open fire .

Its a pity modern kids dont get raised this way it may remind them what they think is deprivation (feeling deprived because their telly is only 43" not 60") is nothing compared to even 50 years ago

I think its the reason i hoard things my mum was strict if you didnt keep your room tidy you came home to everything in it piled up in the center of it to tidy ,if you did it again you came home from school and she took you up the garden and set a match to it .as a result i didnt have anything that was mine!

Same with food as my old man was in the navy until i was 9 i remember going without food for days (stomach knawing so you couldnt sleep) so now i have as much as i need as i do with my toys!

A coat over the blanket wasnt rare then but worse it was so cold you didnt get dressed because you slep in your clothes to keep warm !

Nowadays if your parents didnt buy you the latest trainers social services would be removing your kids because you made them feel inferior as everyone else at school had the lastest!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Back to the subject matter. Public thanks to Medwaygreen for his work on a difficult slide :clap2::clap2:

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not