The Dawn of the End of P.C?

Martin56

While I was in a Hospital waiting room with my 91 year old Mum Wednesday just gone. (she was there for a renal ultrasound scan)

A young black woman was there with her 3 children.

The youngest was sat on her lap, & she was singing that now frowned upon (By the PC Brigade) Nursery Rhyme -

Baa Baa Black Sheep - have you any wool?? over & over again.

Seems like we're being told by some what we should find offensive & not what actually is!!

Also seems that yes, the Black community make the connection, but choose to Ignore it simply because its just a Nice Song!!

I'm pretty sure that at the time of composition, the Rhyme had NO racist conertations whatsoever??

(I'm waiting to be corrected on that bit - enter corry??)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Most (though not all) west indian and indian people who were born in the UK share our values and have little time for the intersectional politics of the left. More power to them.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

What makes me laugh is that Blackboard is deemed offensive and yet a Whitewash is not...

There are some big cliffs at Dover I wish we could shove these Leftie, Liberal PC brigades off them....

I saw something on Youtube the other day where the Police stopped a guy flying the Union Jack in London... Like what flag should he be flying then?

And if you try to argue with a PC loon the b**t*rds try to get you arrested because you are an ignorant Bigot and only their version is correct...

• Like 1

All,

I am a liberal. But I am not an idiot. Our history is so different I think "PC" is also different. 175 years later we are still engaged in civil war. Actually much longerp than that. The first slave ship arrived in America in 1619. I shall not participate in the "heavy" discussions that may or may not develop. Just too different.

But I have to post my favorite. 2016 Christmas I was invited to sign a petition to ban Santa Claus from using the phrase

HO Ho ho.

Phone

(do I even have to say I declined?)

I think that most offensive is, there are people actually being paid for dictating what is offensive & what is not!!

These people need some kids around their arse, a Proper Job!! & get into the real world.

What makes me laugh is that Blackboard is deemed offensive and yet a Whitewash is not...

There are some big cliffs at Dover I wish we could shove these Leftie, Liberal PC brigades off them....

I saw something on Youtube the other day where the Police stopped a guy flying the Union Jack in London... Like what flag should he be flying then?

And if you try to argue with a PC loon the b**t*rds try to get you arrested because you are an ignorant Bigot and only their version is correct...

Summed up - "OK YA - Liberal Minded Tossers!!"

Anything can be said to be 'offensive' to anyone, in specific circumstances. The question is, 'do they choose to be offended?', it's just that, a choice. Being offended, is different to being insulted, being abused either physically or mentally, or being dicriminated against because of who you are.

There are few things in life that offend me, there are far more things that annoy me. Some I can help to change, some are beyond my control, but none of them physically, or mentally, affect me.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Sorry John, but I don't think that you choose to be offended. It either offends you or it doesn't.

What you choose is whether to do anything about the fact.

I find some of the language used in this thread offensive, but not to the point that I would react to it.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sorry John, but I don't think that you choose to be offended. It either offends you or it doesn't.

What you choose is whether to do anything about the fact.

I find some of the language used in this thread offensive, but not to the point that I would react to it.

I suppose it depends how sensitive,(for want of a better word), people are. I do believe that people choose to be offended, but that might be my take on what I believe, 'being offended' actually means. It's said to be the same as being annoyed, but many things annoy me, but they don't offend me. To be honest, the use of the word 'offend', wasn't a much used part of my vocabulary until it became a 'buzz' word in the media, and even now it's used to describe the effect on others rather than on myself.

It seems to me that 'being offended' is contagious, and is spreading like a virus. The difference is, that as opposed to a real virus, many people choose to be affected, to fit into a group, to appear to have empathy with an idea/movement, or to just to give themselves a reason to exist. Being offended by assumed proxy, is another choice made by many, and that annoys me, but doesn't cause offense.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think we may have differing definitions.

I am often offended without being annoyed.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/