The Dawn of the End of P.C?

Martin56

Thats a bit racist ,i prefer england first

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

gozzer,

Perception is everything. I thought I was being a little to specific. The truth is that unless parents actively teach kids not to be racists, they will be racists. It seems bias and racism are more immutable and biologically determined than we once thought. Turns out an us vs them mentality is unfortunately a really basic part of our biology.

If we limit racism to “an ideology of racial domination”, in which the presumed biological or cultural superiority of one or more racial groups is used to justify or prescribe the inferior treatment or social position(s) of other racial groups. I think, just me, because the “sun never sits on the British Empire” mentality you are the most predigest culture I have ever come in contact with regardless of ethnicity. British first is more a way of life in England than it is anywhere else I’ve visited – even Japan. You Brits just are.

Antidotal examples of being "afraid" in particular situations does not meet the standard for defining racism.

Phone

If only it were as simple as that Phone, then no child would ever rebel against its parents. There are many influences that can and do, sway a childs thinking. From peer pressure, to social media, and the internet, as well as TV, films, and video games. In the past, a child had their parents, family, friends and teachers, to gather information and ideas from, now there are thousands of potential influences at the touch of a button, many of which preach intolerance, and bigotry. Even back in the day, when parenting had fewer rivals, it was always the good guy in the white hat, that beat the bad guy in the black one. Any significance in the hat colour?

I don't know when you were last over here, but I find your view that we are the most prejudiced culture you've met very strange. If you visited this country now I doubt you would feel the same. It's like you accuse us of judging much of the USA wrongly, because we do it from a distance, without first hand knowledge, it seems you are guilty of the same thing in this case.

As for your comment on my "anecdotal" example, I made no mention of fear, just related one of the actual moments when I experienced colour prejudice from the 'other side', which if I were black, would generally be classed as racism. Maybe as a dyed in the wool Liberal, you don't believe that there can be instances of black prejudiced against white, but I can assure you that bigotry is not defined by the colour of one's skin.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I was witness to a situation once where a Black person racially abused a white electrician because he was late to a job due to a fatal RTC. After suffering for 20 minutes insult after insult, with the whole incident recorded by his colleague on his mobile phone, he told the Black individual to shut her dirty black mouth. She reported him for racism and his friends video counted for nothing in the inquiry following the report. The electrician lost his job immediately and the Black individual received £5,000 compensation. When the electrician went to the Police he was told to his face a Black person cannot be convicted of racism and he should leave unless he himself wished to be arrested.. So who is the bigger racist or are all capable of racism and we are just too afraid to say so in case we get labelled ourselves... Something is definitely wrong...

Gozzer,

As you might imagine this discussion could go on as long as it remains civil. An overwhelming topic Of course I agree environmental factors impact our experiences and prejudices. In theory at least a child's environment is most heavily impacted by parents. Since the statement you highlighted is theory only, as such a statement as that can never be proven, I agree, it is argumentative. Perhaps more importantly for me is the sentence it leads up to. """"Turns out an us vs them mentality is unfortunately a really basic part of our biology."""""

"""""I can assure you that bigotry is not defined by the colour of one's skin.""""" Neither is hypocrisy.

Phone

I was witness to a situation once where a Black person racially abused a white electrician because he was late to a job due to a fatal RTC. After suffering for 20 minutes insult after insult, with the whole incident recorded by his colleague on his mobile phone, he told the Black individual to shut her dirty black mouth. She reported him for racism and his friends video counted for nothing in the inquiry following the report. The electrician lost his job immediately and the Black individual received £5,000 compensation. When the electrician went to the Police he was told to his face a Black person cannot be convicted of racism and he should leave unless he himself wished to be arrested.. So who is the bigger racist or are all capable of racism and we are just too afraid to say so in case we get labelled ourselves... Something is definitely wrong...

Sorry, but that is not true.

Any one can exhibit racism or racial prejudice against any other person, regardless of race, skin colour or religion. To say a black person cannot be convicted of racism is incorrect. They can be and very often are.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sorry, but that is not true.

Any one can exhibit racism or racial prejudice against any other person, regardless of race, skin colour or religion. To say a black person cannot be convicted of racism is incorrect. They can be and very often are.

If two men have a fight outside a pub and both are white its a pub brawl ,if the exact thing happens and one is black it strangely becomes a racist attack .

All the time coloured people bring up colour they will never integrate the same with race.The same goes for religeoun

The term moslem first british second is proof integration will never happen

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its longer than long

You can Say the same for your red indians (is that racist or colour predudice?) Rather than the invaders integrating with the ethnics ways its the reverse ,this will happen here

Perhaps as some say we will become a moslem ruled country with all these bits of half dressed crumpet in full burkas in 50 years ,luckily i will be dead by then its about all i have left to admire in this hot weather

Edited by chesters1

If two men have a fight outside a pub and both are white its a pub brawl ,if the exact thing happens and one is black it strangely becomes a racist attack .

All the time coloured people bring up colour they will never integrate the same with race.The same goes for religeoun

The term moslem first british second is proof integration will never happen

And if the black man attacked the white man then that would be a racist attack.

So?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Because colour (white or black) changes the outcome it goes from a simple fight to something else whether or not colour or race was the reason

6 months for a fight 2 years for a racist attack

Worse if it goes to crown court ,just a mention of colour by the brief and the sentence is far higher and the brief WILL mention it whether that was the reason especially if its a person of colour to draw on the sympathy vote!

Barristers are not out to get justice they are out to win!

So why should a colour get precedence in law?

I have seen it in action trying to influence people .

Person got caught shoplifting the first thing out of his mouth was it was because he was black the staff stopped him,no it wasnt it was because he was caught shop lifting!

If you want integration then colour needs to be removed from anything especially the law what next moslems being treated differently because their faith allows them to do unlawful things?stumbled across this which pretty well sums it up

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/4261270/The-unjust-madness-of-our-new-race-laws.html

Why are we pandering to minority's? Do you have some special influence in france or do you bribe the corrupt mayor to get things done like everyone else ,does being an immigrant in france have some special treatment ?

Edited by chesters1