15 replies to this topic

#11 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,244 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:59 PM

Andrew,

Your beautiful instrument was "the topic of coffee conversation" this morning.  One enthusiast mentioned "after 2006 they picked up a somewhat tinny sound".  I have no clue what is different between 2001 and 2006.

Phone 

#12 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,945 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:24 AM

Surely they always make a tinny sound until they are plugged into an amp to annoy people ?

I would hate to live next door to anyone that has an instrument that can be heard more than 6" away it should be classed as abuse

My pet hate is jazz ,4 or 5 pretentious idiots playing 4 or 5 completely different tunes at once ,should be a hanging offense

This is what they think they are playing and reality as demonstrated in this documentory
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=z_6p0Jcnsu4

Edited by chesters1, 03 August 2018 - 06:35 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#13 Andrew

Andrew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, playing geeetar, having fun, foreign travel,the odd beer, going to gigs and most of all my family

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:58 AM

Andrew,

Your beautiful instrument was "the topic of coffee conversation" this morning.  One enthusiast mentioned "after 2006 they picked up a somewhat tinny sound".  I have no clue what is different between 2001 and 2006.

Phone 

Thank you. 

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis” 

#14 corydoras

corydoras

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

#15 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:32 AM

Well cory, there's now't like a bit of Santana - & that was now't like a bit of Santana!!

Not bad skills in all fairness though.

This is .......

https://youtu.be/95kCv10duFw?t=66

Edited by Martin56, 09 November 2018 - 01:50 AM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#16 Andrew

Andrew

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, playing geeetar, having fun, foreign travel,the odd beer, going to gigs and most of all my family

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:59 PM

This is better Martin. IMHO

Or this

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”