KHV Carp Virus

Martin56

Martin,

Going to wither away so meekly? Buck up boy !! Show your grit.

Phone

I'm not short of grit - Yorkshire or otherwise buddy.

Just concerned the Link I posted might compromise my computer?? (I can see what happens when I click the Link at My end which suggests it may??)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

All,

There should be no further comment by Gozzer allowed on this thread.

Phone

but his second URL should be quite helpful to carp anglers.

Oh come on Phone, you can't stifle all the good news on here. With all the doom and gloom, we're surely allowed a little light relief. I rather like Bobs post.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

KHV is fine for the final solution but when carp are present in high numbers, they are a valuable resource.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Gozzer,

I believe Bobj as well as most from Oz would be welcome at your table.

Phone

Any time, but not if carp were on the menu.

Although all the veg would be grown using Charlie Carp products.

Some time ago, when I first posted a link to Charlie Carp, I got a fair bit of abuse from one member. He was so incensed that I thought he was going to explode. At least Ken's avoided that...…..so far. :D

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Odd, innit? I fished most areas in West Yorkshire and a couple in Hampshire in thr late 40’s and all the right 50’s and never once caught a carp...Indeed, the only ones I ever saw, were in goldfish bowls and pretty ponds...Methinks the UKneeds a couple of gallons of the virus in a few pools.

• Like 1

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Odd, innit? I fished most areas in West Yorkshire and a couple in Hampshire in thr late 40’s and all the right 50’s and never once caught a carp...Indeed, the only ones I ever saw, were in goldfish bowls and pretty ponds...Methinks the UKneeds a couple of gallons of the virus in a few pools.

Too much money involved Bob.

I started fishing in the late 50s, and my Dad and uncles since the early 1900s, and the total number of carp they'd caught in Yorkshire, would have just made double figures. They were mysterious fish, the 'uncatchable' dark shapes that drifted through your swim. I caught my first from a small pond, and had stalked this 'monster' for most of a summer. I finally caught it, the whole 8lbs of it! They were a 'special' fish and we youngsters looked up to the 'carp anglers' of the day with respect and awe. Then, the whole idea of overstocked commercial 'fisheries' were introduced, (I prefer to call them 'catching ponds', because that is their only purpose). Now, because of vastly overstocked waters, built on flood plains, the stocking of large numbers of carp into canals, and indiscriminate stocking by idiot anglers, they are in every river in the county. We've even had matches at Ulleskelf won with carp! It's almost impossible to find a balanced, mixed, stillwater to fish. I'm hoping that we have a severe winter, to kill off the fry that will have been produced with this hot summer we're having, if not, the place will be teeming with the bloody things, to the detriment of the indigenous species.

We are now getting more catfish showing, especially on the Yorks Ouse, they have also escaped from waters built on flood plains.

We were once called 'guardians of the waters', not so now.

John.

• Like 2