Horse Racing & Sports Forum?

Martin56

thx

Thanks for pm Paul.

'Ey Up Phone - You're part way to bein' an Honorary Yorkshireman - Mushy Peas an' all !!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Paul, will do.

Just got back from Croatia, fishing was ok but not great - a few small snapper types from wall outside the hotel.

I used to have a friend over 25 years ago, a Spanish teacher in a south Yorkshire school, the home of Flapping Tracks (That's unlicensed Greyhound racing) Two dog trainers got together - one of whom trained the dog which was the very obvious Favourite for a certain race & they colluded that the other would win with more than a few quid bet!!

Many years ago I had an insight into the world of greyhound racing. Unbelievably corrupt. I have no reason to believe that horse racing is any better.

Why would I wager money on something I have no control over?

A game of poker on the other hand.....

So, the Fav' was kept in its kennel for days on end before the race, not exercised & fed Pork pies ............ It still won!!

The trainer was the Dad of one of the teachers pupils.

Edited by Martin56