Horse Racing & Sports Forum?

Martin56

Martin,

I'll go with you. although I prefer to see and hear the power of the animal and don't think I could place a bet in a "shop". I will say this at the track it is the sport of Kings. I love watching even without betting. Ohh, maybe the favorite to show.

Phone

Huge,

Nope, I believe you are giving Chesters1 way to much rationale for his theory. In your example his 50/50 is that there is or is not a ball in the bag and further - if you take something from the bag it is 50/50 that it will or will not be a ball.I

It, the 50/50 theory is not a basis for a course of action or a particular belief. It is an iron clad true statement for which there is NO QUESTION

Phone

Then let me clarify my position. I am always talk about mathematical probability. The probability of winning the jackpot in the lottery are 1 in 45,057,474. They are never 50:50.

If a horse runs 100 races and wins 80 the probability of winning is 80/100 or 0.80 or 80%. Its odds are 80/20 or 4 to 1. it is not 50:50 it will either win or it won't.

What are the odds that if I deal you a thirteen card hand from a completely randomly shuffled standard pack of playing cards it will contain four aces? I'll give you a clue. They are not "evens".

Trouble is yours is flawed ,i could buy my first ever lottery ticket and win or do it for a lifetime and never win ,mine is you will buy a lottery ticket and you wont win or you will its far more accurate.

So long as theres only two options i am always right ,more options? Then they need rearanging into two then another two but 50/50 is almost 100% correct Mr bush's coin could land on its edge but eventually by some means it will fall on either theres no time frame

Your presumption is the favourite must always win never a rank outsider ,i just predict a horse will win or it will not ,anyone saying they can predict anything more is fooling you they are trying to predict the unpredictable ,yours is a game of chance mine reality!

Curry breath in the 2.30 will win or it wont and 50/50 for all the rest as well ,its 50/50 the race will take place ,the world is full of 50/50 i will let cory compute the odds which horse 'may' win ,my choice is only on two outcomes and those will happen one way or the other i am not a owner of a crystal ball and i dont care enough to waste time tapping on a calculator trying to predict something that can fall apart in a second ,mine is simple out of two outcomes one or the other will happen ,perhaps its 50/50 anything will happen who knows?

Do you think my mrs sits for hours working out the odds she will win on a scratch card or win the lottery? No she hands over the money and hopes she does ,she will or she wont and i dont restrict the number of wonts ?

PS Cory keep your odd your horse could break its leg any time ,its 50/50 it does every time.

50/50 is great ,just think you could die every day ,and when you dont you can smile and see how nice life is ,going out computing the odds in your head of getting back home outside a coffin not so good lol

I maybe fat but not stupid despite the chance of getting hit by a car on a motorway is in reality 50/50 (you may or you may not) i 0dont cross motorways ,don't confuse stupidity with odds lol people do cross motorways and survive some do not ,id rather not try!

Just think of the disapointment in the last seconds of life after working out the odds of getting across alive and taking a chance ,i can simply say you tried and died or shake his hand on the hard shoulder and say you survived this time now go back home and be nice to your wife and kids

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Trouble is yours is flawed ,i could buy my first ever lottery ticket and win or do it for a lifetime and never win ,mine is you will buy a lottery ticket and you wont win or you will its far more accurate.

So long as theres only two options i am always right ,more options? Then they need rearanging into two then another two but 50/50 is almost 100% correct Mr bush's coin could land on its edge but eventually by some means it will fall on either theres no time frame

Your presumption is the favourite must always win never a rank outsider ,i just predict a horse will win or it will not ,anyone saying they can predict anything more is fooling you they are trying to predict the unpredictable ,yours is a game of chance mine reality!

Curry breath in the 2.30 will win or it wont and 50/50 for all the rest as well ,its 50/50 the race will take place ,the world is full of 50/50 i will let cory compute the odds which horse 'may' win ,my choice is only on two outcomes and those will happen one way or the other i am not a owner of a crystal ball and i dont care enough to waste time tapping on a calculator trying to predict something that can fall apart in a second ,mine is simple out of two outcomes one or the other will happen ,perhaps its 50/50 anything will happen who knows?

Do you think my mrs sits for hours working out the odds she will win on a scratch card or win the lottery? No she hands over the money and hopes she does ,she will or she wont and i dont restrict the number of wonts

PS Cory keep your odd your horse could break its leg any time ,its 50/50 it does every time.

50/50 is great ,just think you could die every day ,and when you dont you can smile and see how nice life is ,going out computing the odds in your head of getting back home outside a coffin not so good lol

I maybe fat but not stupid despite the chance of getting hit by a car on a motorway is in reality 50/50 (you may or you may not) i 0dont cross motorways ,don't confuse stupidity with odds lol people do cross motorways and survive some do not ,id rather not try!

Just think of the disapointment in the last seconds of life after working out the odds of getting across alive and taking a chance ,i can simply say you tried and died or shake his hand on the hard shoulder and say you survived this time now go back home and be nice to your wife and kids

Bullshit.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Now if you decide to cross the road and there are no cars coming its probably 100% you wont be run over now if you decide to cross the road full of traffic and decide to walk out its probably 100% you are going to be flattened the odds Change on the circumstances same in horse racing now the average punter who walks into abetting shop places a bet on a race take big handicap field in low class field probably only half of the field are actually trying the rest are there to make the numbers up and get weight off for there next handicap race now if you bet on the more valuable races most are trying as the big prize money makes it more competitive and they all want to win .I know 2 professional gamblers who make a very good living betting on horses in running high stake game with nerves of Steele are needed .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bullshit.

It is or it is not

Be careful up there cory on your high horse I have heard its easy to fall of those pretentious ones (or maybe not we will see)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Now if you decide to cross the road and there are no cars coming its probably 100% you wont be run over now if you decide to cross the road full of traffic and decide to walk out its probably 100% you are going to be flattened the odds Change on the circumstances same in horse racing now the average punter who walks into abetting shop places a bet on a race take big handicap field in low class field probably only half of the field are actually trying the rest are there to make the numbers up and get weight off for there next handicap race now if you bet on the more valuable races most are trying as the big prize money makes it more competitive and they all want to win .I know 2 professional gamblers who make a very good living betting on horses in running high stake game with nerves of Steele are needed .

You said probably i say you will or you won't get across mine is more accurate .your dealing with possibilities that cannot be deduced mine can so long as theres 2 outcomes

You will (or will not) go out on your little boat tomorrow and you may come home with fish or you maynot ,only a fool would say you will ,a bigger fool would try to tell you how much or how many cory will get out his calculator and tell you the odds its nonsence you cannot fortell the future more accurately than i can

Edited by chesters1

It's been quite a long time since I had a bet in a shop, I do my bets online these days - & sometimes go to the track (that's Course in the UK)

Martin,

I'll go with you. although I prefer to see and hear the power of the animal and don't think I could place a bet in a "shop". I will say this at the track it is the sport of Kings. I love watching even without betting. Ohh, maybe the favorite to show.

Phone

York & Doncaster being my Fav' ones, though I have been to many others.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

It's been quite a long time since I had a bet in a shop, I do my bets online these days - & sometimes go to the track (that's Course in the UK)

Martin,

Phone

York & Doncaster being my Fav' ones, though I have been to many others.

Martin is dead right horse racing is a sport its not all about betting I can watch a full meeting and not have a bet I have often gone to a meeting where my horse is running and had a few quid on him because I know he has a very good chance of winning I havew watched him run and never had a bet york is one of favourite meetings my good lady seems to be extremely lucky there picking 2 x 66-1 winners at york which in racing is actually an achievement in itself to find a 66-1 winner on a race card . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg