Horse Racing & Sports Forum?

Martin56

Horse racing is the sport of Kings, but everyone is equal, on the turf, and - Under it!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

The average gambler the odds are stacked against him I can go 3 months and not have a bet I have gone to race meeting with my horse and only had one bet on thats on my own horse because I know he has an extremely good chance of winning if he hasnt then I dont back him very simple really thats how you can beat the bookies there is means and ways and if you start to win to much what do they do close your account down naughty really but there we have it everybody to there own .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The average gambler the odds are stacked against him I can go 3 months and not have a bet I have gone to race meeting with my horse and only had one bet on thats on my own horse because I know he has an extremely good chance of winning if he hasnt then I dont back him very simple really thats how you can beat the bookies there is means and ways and if you start to win to much what do they do close your account down naughty really but there we have it everybody to there own .

The 10 Grand at 4/9 punters are usually OK.

The ones they don't like are the chancers who regularly nick the each way money!! (£300 - £500 e/w @ 9/2+ almost every day)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/10/2018 at 11:35 PM, Vagabond said:

Sherlock Holmes "For some reason it seems to perpetually astonish the British public that one horse can run faster than another"

Our R I master (sanctimonious old humbug) used to preach and screech about the evils of gambling, which made me inclined to take up bookmaking as a career.

By contrast our maths master, after our final School Cert exams (yes I pre-date GCEs) spent the last few maths lessons of our school careers taking us through the mathematics of making a book. That nearly convinced me to become a bookie - and stopped me from ever becoming a punter !

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I've pulled forward my post of two years ago.    If I had followed my schoolboy whim and become a bookie, I might well have become a billionaire like Denise  and left the day to day running of the betting shops to underlings whilst enjoying the proceeds.  I could have afforded many more trips abroad after exotic species, more salmon fishing,  my own marlin boat and luxury back-up etc etc..  - and as a result of the life-style that went with it,  probably died of a stroke in my fifties - or not - as Chesters might put it.

The amount of money spent by betting firms on advertisements during televised sport programs is an indication of how lucrative a business bookmaking is.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...