Horse Racing & Sports Forum?

Martin56

The first proper scratch cards i remember were sold by aldershot football club in 1974/5 and i have used punch cards but they were for a machine used as a crude form of programming before 0 & 1 ruled the planet .It was used to stamp numbers and letters on a stamping machine ,you setout what ever you wanted to stamp and pulled a lever and a card with holes in popped out ,strung together you could stamp blank after blank with the cards in a loop.I belive far before that in 'T' mill they determined the pattern but i will leave that to someone with an interest in such things to confirm (the T being "trouble in t' mill of lore)

Not seen a combination of the 2 although my mum had a 'keymatic' washing machine where a square key with cutouts in each edge determined what the machine would do ,again before electronic processors ruled the planet as it was most probably analogue .The latest washing machines have expensive parts that let you add clothers after you start the machine ,new they say? You could do that in every washing machine from sink to 1930's washing machines through twin tubs to keymatics ,its as new as coal!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

The first proper scratch cards i remember were sold by aldershot football club in 1974/5 and i have used punch cards but they were for a machine used as a crude form of programming before 0 & 1 ruled the planet .It was used to stamp numbers and letters on a stamping machine ,you setout what ever you wanted to stamp and pulled a lever and a card with holes in popped out ,strung together you could stamp blank after blank with the cards in a loop.I belive far before that in 'T' mill they determined the pattern but i will leave that to someone with an interest in such things to confirm (the T being "trouble in t' mill of lore)

Not seen a combination of the 2 although my mum had a 'keymatic' washing machine where a square key with cutouts in each edge determined what the machine would do ,again before electronic processors ruled the planet as it was most probably analogue .The latest washing machines have expensive parts that let you add clothers after you start the machine ,new they say? You could do that in every washing machine from sink to 1930's washing machines through twin tubs to keymatics ,its as new as coal!

Well was I was 14 worked at the amusement arcade doing the machines , old pennies then came the decimal coins and there taking doubled overnight from old pennies to new  pennies , they took thousands in them days what they take now is anybody’s business .All vat to be paid on all the taking ?Had a bandit in the pub I had and it  made more money than any drinker in there by  miles along with that juke box and pool table .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

My youngest says shes good on them but then she will not be telling us of the days she loses lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just now, chesters1 said:

My youngest says shes good on them but then she will not be telling us of the days she loses lol

Only one winner  Chester’s with the  one armed bandits and that’s the man who owns them .?   

Untitled-1.jpg

Thats the basics of betting the bookie wins

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Thats the basics of betting the bookie wins

Thats true for the average punter but I do know one professional  gamble who does it for a living and he drives  a top of the range Mercedes a  different ballgame  , big stakes nerves of Steele  but does very  well at it .Inside information is massive in gambling . There isn’t  any certainties in racing but you do get one or two which are very close to it but the  trick is being on the right one .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

13 hours ago, Phone said:

COD,

Good luck with your horse tomorrow.

As for the gaming discussion - sorry I brought it up. It's all GREEK to me now. A brain is a terrible thing to waste

Phone

Thanks phone he is in tremendous form and hasn’t  been out of the first 3 in his last 7 races , but as always in handicapping the handicapper gets his  way eventually,  but he should still run a big race tonight not a big price but you should get a good run for your money.And there is only small field of 5 runners ,Southwell is his favourite track with the deep sand .Would have made the trip down there but with covid restrictions that’s now totally out of the question .

Here he is winning at Southwell recently .

Paul 

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

A village near mine has a horse racing stables ,back in the early 80s a jockey lad from their that I played football with won 50k when that was a lot of money on 2 horses using his inside info and all his money 

That would of bought a couple of houses then even down here at that time ,it was gone in 18 months as he started chasing more quickly instead of waiting for the one he had info on 

knowing when to stick I guess 

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

3 hours ago, JV44 said:

A village near mine has a horse racing stables ,back in the early 80s a jockey lad from their that I played football with won 50k when that was a lot of money on 2 horses using his inside info and all his money 

That would of bought a couple of houses then even down here at that time ,it was gone in 18 months as he started chasing more quickly instead of waiting for the one he had info on 

knowing when to stick I guess 

Some pro gamblers might just have a few bets per year , it’s how shrewd you are is the trick.

Untitled-1.jpg