Boris

Andrew

Right or wrong with his remarks about females who wear the burka looking like letterboxes. :rolleyes:

Boris Johnson has stood by his remarks about the burka after the Conservative Party chairman told him to apologise.

The former foreign secretary has been criticised for saying Muslim women wearing burkas "look like letter boxes" and comparing them to "bank robbers".

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

He's right of course but if this is cynical positioning in preparation for a leadership bid, it may very well be misguided. While the majority f the public would probably support a ban of full face coverings, it's tory MPs who will vote on a new leader and they're a limp wristed bunch.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Whether you think him right or wrong, he is a senior politician and to say what he said is stupid.

This is something he has proven time and time again.

He shouldn't be the leader of anything.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Whether you think him right or wrong, he is a senior politician and to say what he said is stupid.

This is something he has proven time and time again.

He shouldn't be the leader of anything.

Yup, he said something stupid, nothing new there, it's his stock in trade. Although the things he said were stupid, and even silly, were they actually strong enough to be classed as offensive? As I said in another thread, this is a case where people chose to be/act offended, to suit their own agenda.

Nuns have been said to look like penguins many times? I don't recall anyone claiming to be offended by it.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I wasn't offended by them. Can't speak for anyone else.

Was does offend me is that this man is seriously being suggested as a future Prime Minister.

Yup, he said something stupid, nothing new there, it's his stock in trade. Although the things he said were stupid, and even silly, were they actually strong enough to be classed as offensive? As I said in another thread, this is a case where people chose to be/act offended, to suit their own agenda.

Nuns have been said to look like penguins many times? I don't recall anyone claiming to be offended by it.

John.

If my dad was still alive John he could tell you a tale or three about the Nuns at St Joe,s, nasty buggers who would give him and other kids the strap as soon as look at them.

Back to Boris, if ordinary Joe had said that on the street, I wager he/she would be arrested for hate speech.

A mate of mine always says, PEEK A BOO when he see,s a burka wearing female, or is it a female ?

One time my missus and I were in a coffee shop, in walked a couple, she wearing the burka,

Anyways they sat behind us, and then she TOOK OFF her burka to eat her doughnut and drink her coffee. :roll1:

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I wasn't offended by them. Can't speak for anyone else.

Was does offend me is that this man is seriously being suggested as a future Prime Minister.

Baroness Wasi made a big thing of being offended. Offended for all women, Muslim women in particular.

I can't see him ever becoming PM Dave. I know the same was said of Trump, but some in the US take him seriously. I don't believe that applies to Boris.

I think there's more chance of him becoming the new 'Chuckle Brother', a job more suited to his 'talents'.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think there's more chance of him becoming the new 'Chuckle Brother', a job more suited to his 'talents'.

Hoho love it John :clap3::clap3:

“Vescere bracis meis”

My personal feeling is that anything that completely covers the face should be banned in public, purely from a security point of view.. France and other European countries have managed this.

The only thing that is says in the quran is that males and females should dress "modestly" There is nothing that states they should cover the face. It is usually worn because the husband demands it, the State demands it or the individual woman wants to wear it. This might be more often than many people think.

I wonder how many people who see it as a form of female subjugation have ever stopped to ask the woman wearing it.

• Like 1

There are a number of arguments. I think many people who want to ban it just don't like seeing visibly Muslim women in public spaces, to be honest.

Personally, I worry that they might be indicative of troubling attitudes to women and their place in society within the communities in which they are worn, but I don't think banning them will make those attitudes go away, and I think banning clothing is a quite un-British thing to do.