Boris

Andrew

All,

My view, whilst I know Boris is somewhat "Trumpish" one thing he, Trump, does is let you know where he stands. Trump says, "I don't have time to be politically correct and neither does America" I say spit it out Boris, if enough of us don't like it, we'll find someone else.

My view on the Letterbox is that it screams "LOOK AT ME i proudly have no voice of my own". Quite the opposite of a pretty bird in face paint. The letterbox serves no purpose, has only a negative impact on Western culture. She can't go the the opera in a bikini regardless of her religious choices.

Personally, I am offended in that I am more than somewhat committed to gender equality, especially in the work place.

Phone

I agree with Boris, and I also wouldn't object if full face veils were to be banned like they are in some other countries.

• Like 2

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Baroness Wasi made a big thing of being offended. Offended for all women, Muslim women in particular.

I can't see him ever becoming PM Dave. I know the same was said of Trump, but some in the US take him seriously. I don't believe that applies to Boris.

I think there's more chance of him becoming the new 'Chuckle Brother', a job more suited to his 'talents'.

John.

Chuckle brother like that John you couldnt have said it better Boris was our worst foreign secretary of all time and to be PM ? the worlds going mad .

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's interesting to see the split on the right.

On one hand there are those who want to see face coverings banned outright - whether those doing it are Muslims or Antifa types.

On the other, there are those that want Muslim women to wear full burkas and the men to wear the foreign fancy dress of their choice as a highly conspicuous indicator of the wholesale foreign takeover of our towns and cities - on the basis that it might wake up the complacent native British to the imminent destruction of their way of life.

I tend to fall more into the former camp than the latter but to be honest, there are bigger fish to fry. The secularisation of the education system and heavy regulation of religious schools will achieve far more than preventing a few idiot women from wearing a bag on their heads.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I see plenty of moslems and within even a small area theres differences ,i have had many conversations with headscarf ( hijab) wearers a couple with niqab but not one with burka and theres two types of the latter some with eyes seeable and some with mesh !

The strange thing is why are the last allowed to drive their view of the outside world must be appalling

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I see plenty of moslems and within even a small area theres differences ,i have had many conversations with headscarf ( hijab) wearers a couple with niqab but not one with burka and theres two types of the latter some with eyes seeable and some with mesh !

The strange thing is why are the last allowed to drive their view of the outside world must be appalling

When my car went in for its MOT, I had a couple of holders stuck to the bottom of the windscreen. One held a sat nav, the other a hands free phone. When I went to pick it up, they were lying on the passenger seat. The guy told me that anything that could be thought of as obscuring your view, could result in a fail, so he just removed them. He also got on about permanent marks on the windscreen, chips, scratches etc. I asked about having head gear on that obscured your view, and he laughed and said, 'if it's not fixed on the car it's not his problem'. Looking through one of those mesh things, and even those without a mesh, must restrict your field of vision, especially your peripheral view. I agree that they should be banned on health and safety grounds, and on the grounds of security. My nephew was walking into a bank with his crash helmet on, because it raining, he was stopped before he could get to shelter, and take it off. That doesn't apply to the burka.

Just read/watch a few of these.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=men+wearing+burkas+robbing+shops&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=a23715806620481582abae0b2c3a38e1&refig=df42acb93b7540a3a0d13c13c52bf593&cc=GB&setlang=en-GB

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think what people do when driving, and when on private property where security considerations apply, are different issues to what people wear when walking down the street, though. I might get in trouble from the police for driving my car at night in dark glasses and flip-flops and I might be refused entry to a bank with a helmet on, but I can wear them outdoors.

• Like 1

I think what people do when driving, and when on private property where security considerations apply, are different issues to what people wear when walking down the street, though. I might get in trouble from the police for driving my car at night in dark glasses and flip-flops and I might be refused entry to a bank with a helmet on, but I can wear them outdoors.

That would be OK if they took them off while driving, or entering a bank, or anywhere else you would have to remove a helmet etc.

But do they?

John.

PS. I would have thought that with the number of attacks by the more radical fanatics, in the name of Islam, anyone who would want to show the peaceful side of the religion, would be glad to show their faces, and reduce the obvious tension a mask causes.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I once went into our local Pakistani owned shop with my hoodie on cos it was freezing I was greeted, excuse me you cannot come in here with that on mate.

Said who I asked, me said the shop owner, sorry mate I cannot take it off because its my religious belief ! and flatly refused to take it off.

I asked him if a female with full burka :ph34r: etc came into the shop would you ask her to remove the said burka ! NO he said.

Well what good for her is good for me, he , of course, refused to serve me, your loss pal not mine, myself and friends have not ventured into that shop again. :bye1::bye1:

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

That would be OK if they took them off while driving, or entering a bank, or anywhere else you would have to remove a helmet etc.

But do they?

John.

PS. I would have thought that with the number of attacks by the more radical fanatics, in the name of Islam, anyone who would want to show the peaceful side of the religion, would be glad to show their faces, and reduce the obvious tension a mask causes.

I don't know - but the police should apply the law to driving and if I were running a bank I'd insist on it.

I do wonder how many women from such conservative households as to wear a burka actually drive, though. I've never seen one.

Not sure seeing people's faces is indicative of peacefulness, none of the UK terrorists were covered up, were they?

My trainer was looking for a new gym bag. I suggested a backpack. She said "not a good look for Asians". It was a joke, but probably more relevant than face coverings.