Boris

Andrew

At the end of one of the Middle East skirmishes, a leading BBC correspondent went into the enemy area in a wheelchair and wearing a Burka to hide his identity. Go figure!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I don't know - but the police should apply the law to driving and if I were running a bank I'd insist on it.

I do wonder how many women from such conservative households as to wear a burka actually drive, though. I've never seen one.

Not sure seeing people's faces is indicative of peacefulness, none of the UK terrorists were covered up, were they?

My trainer was looking for a new gym bag. I suggested a backpack. She said "not a good look for Asians". It was a joke, but probably more relevant than face coverings.

It's pretty common around here Steve. If you go to one of the large shopping centres, an hour or so before closing, it looks like a horde of giant crows have just landed. Twice in one week I had people wearing burkas, come at me the wrong way at a roundabout. I've stood near them in banks, and nothing is said.

If I can see someones face, then I can judge them, and their emotions and reactions more confidently, there is an element of mistrust against anyone who decides to cover their face. As far as I'm aware, it's not essential to Islamic belief to wear the burka, so it is a choice, a choice that few others can make without some objection.

Those that have committed acts of terrorism, might not all have had their faces covered, and because of that they can be identified, that's not the case with the videos I posted.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I wouldn't let people with their faces covered use my bank. That would be an issue for me, as a person running a bank, not one for the state.

I wouldn't allow someone to cover their face in a customer service role where they need to be trusted by the customer, but that would be my role as an employer, again not the state.

I don't see that I need to trust a person who is merely walking down the street. Those who have committed acts of terrorism were generally identified by the bullet holes or while their remains were being swept up. They don't generally bother to conceal their identity, because they usually intend to die.

I just don't see any connection between what one woman wears and what some other man does in the name of their religion while not wearing that garment. It's a cultural tradition as a way of meeting an Islamic requirement, not an Islamic requirement in itself, but they believe that in wearing it they are observing their religion.

I wouldn't let people with their faces covered use my bank. That would be an issue for me, as a person running a bank, not one for the state.

I wouldn't allow someone to cover their face in a customer service role where they need to be trusted by the customer, but that would be my role as an employer, again not the state.

I don't see that I need to trust a person who is merely walking down the street. Those who have committed acts of terrorism were generally identified by the bullet holes or while their remains were being swept up. They don't generally bother to conceal their identity, because they usually intend to die.

I just don't see any connection between what one woman wears and what some other man does in the name of their religion while not wearing that garment. It's a cultural tradition as a way of meeting an Islamic requirement, not an Islamic requirement in itself, but they believe that in wearing it they are observing their religion.

If it was left to individual banks, shops etc, then they would have to take any flak that resulted from being the ones who 'made the rule', and open to cries of "racism". If it's legislated against by the laws of the country, then it's a prerequisite of living in this country.

Terrorists aren't all suicide bombers, look at those who escaped after the shootings in Europe, they were identified and later dealt with.

If you were bitten several times by a certain breed of dog, or know that a breed is well known for attacking, I'm sure it would make you wary each time you saw one. This is what happened during the war, in Ireland, and now with Islam. I know that all are not terrorists, just as all Germans weren't Nazis, or Irish members of the IRA. I have worked with and I live near many Muslims, but until I got to know them, I didn't 100% trust them. Having some of them hiding behind a mask, only makes that mistrust seem more justified.

John.

Respect, tolerance, and acceptance should be a two way thing, applying equally to all.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I can't say I have ever based how much I trust someone on their race or religion.

At least two individuals that I can recall have evaded arrest by wearing either a niqab or burqa, one managed to leave the country wearing one and using someone else's passport. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1537414/Murder-suspect-fled-under-Muslim-veil.html
For this reason alone they should be banned in public.

Or, perhaps, at passport control? Perhaps we could use the existing powers to ensure people are checked? Would that solve the problem of people sneaking out of the country in Burkas without infringing on the civil liberties of British citizens to wear what they damn well please?

I can't say I have ever based how much I trust someone on their race or religion.

Or, perhaps, at passport control? Perhaps we could use the existing powers to ensure people are checked? Would that solve the problem of people sneaking out of the country in Burkas without infringing on the civil liberties of British citizens to wear what they damn well please?

Trouble is you can't wear what you damn well please anyway

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk/2012/oct/11/manchester-man-jailed-tshirt-police

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/30/pub-goer-arrested-for-wearing-t-shirt-mocking-the-hillsborough-d/amp/

I don't know - but the police should apply the law to driving and if I were running a bank I'd insist on it.

I do wonder how many women from such conservative households as to wear a burka actually drive, though. I've never seen one.

Not sure seeing people's faces is indicative of peacefulness, none of the UK terrorists were covered up, were they?

My trainer was looking for a new gym bag. I suggested a backpack. She said "not a good look for Asians". It was a joke, but probably more relevant than face coverings.

If ever you find yourself in Birmingham, take a trip to Alum Rock, Cape Hill, Witton, Small Heath or Saltley and you will see enough to last you a lifetime.

There was a very suspicious woman in a Burka present when Salman Abedi blew himself up in Manchester. Needless to say, she was never identified.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.