Boris

Andrew

I don't mean in that sense, John. I don't mean invisible as Muslims, I mean as individuals to hide themselves away (from men, basically). To be invisible to the male gaze.

It sounds like your main problem is that Muslims wearing distinctive dress makes it obviously visible that there are a lot of them?

The whole of the Islamic way of controlling women seems to be based on the fact that the blokes can't suppress their libido with booze. I understand that 'The Prophet' married a 12-year-old girl.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I don't mean in that sense, John. I don't mean invisible as Muslims, I mean as individuals to hide themselves away (from men, basically). To be invisible to the male gaze.

It sounds like your main problem is that Muslims wearing distinctive dress makes it obviously visible that there are a lot of them?

I meant hide themselves as individuals as well Steve. There are a lot of Muslim women around here that dress in a more western way, but still modestly. It would seem that Muslim men can't control themselves, and assume others are the same.

If there had not been the furore surrounding the silly remarks by Boris, then it would have passed without hardly a mention. The sheer hypocrisy of sections of the Muslim community to balk at something negative about their 'culture', and do exactly the same to western cultures, beggers belief.

My 'problem' if you can call it that, is much more complicated than what they wear. It has to do with numbers, as well as, attitude, hypocrisy, intolerance, a reluctance to even attempt to integrate, an overt sense of superiority, and self entitlement. As I said earlier this doesn't apply to all, but a significantly large percentage. I know a few people that work in Tescos in Batley, and the abuse they have to put up with, from sections of the Muslim community, has to be seen to be believed, it's worse for the women who work there. If the staff answer back then the race card is played, and a reprimand from their manager usually follows.

This might be classed as a traditional/culture thing, but I call it pig ignorance.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

John - do you think telling the women what to wear would alter that? It feels a bit like attacking a bit of their culture just for the sake of it, just to tell them that their traditions and beliefs aren't welcome here, and all the stuff about bank robberies and terrorism is post hoc justification.

The whole of the Islamic way of controlling women seems to be based on the fact that the blokes can't suppress their libido with booze. I understand that 'The Prophet' married a 12-year-old girl.

Look nearer to home Jim

King Richard 11 married a 6 year old girl.

Lady Margaret Beaufort, wife of Edmund Tudor, who was months from turning 14 when she gave birth to Henry VII in 1457.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

John - do you think telling the women what to wear would alter that? It feels a bit like attacking a bit of their culture just for the sake of it, just to tell them that their traditions and beliefs aren't welcome here, and all the stuff about bank robberies and terrorism is post hoc justification.

No I don't think it would alter it Steve, but it would go a long way to showing a willingness to integrate, and that their adoptive country, and it's culture is also important.

The list of things I gave, was just in answer to your take on what my 'problem' was. They are welcome here, if they come legally, and accept that they have moved to a different country, with it's own culture and traditions, and to tolerate and accept them, as they demand we do theirs.

I disagree with you on the "post hoc justification". The use of burkas as disguises to commit crimes are real, the treat of terrorism is real, and as such there is no need to use them as justification, merely examples.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Look nearer to home Jim

King Richard 11 married a 6 year old girl.

Lady Margaret Beaufort, wife of Edmund Tudor, who was months from turning 14 when she gave birth to Henry VII in 1457.

We have laws to stop that now, but these newcomers seem to prefer medieval practices.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net