Boris

Andrew

The whole of the Islamic way of controlling women seems to be based on the fact that the blokes can't suppress their libido with booze. I understand that 'The Prophet' married a 12-year-old girl.

Actually, Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of six and he consummated that union when she was 9.

He also beat her for not walking a sufficiently respectful distance behind him when they were out in public - Mo was a truly disgusting human being.

Muslim Book 4, Number 2127:

“He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you?"

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No I don't think it would alter it Steve, but it would go a long way to showing a willingness to integrate, and that their adoptive country, and it's culture is also important.

I dont follow how making them do something under threat of prosecution shows a willingness to do anything? Nor how doing something which could appear spiteful would enhance integration - its just going to enhance the perception that they are disliked by the rest of us. I think our culture can withstand a few people dressing oddly.

The list of things I gave, was just in answer to your take on what my 'problem' was. They are welcome here, if they come legally, and accept that they have moved to a different country, with it's own culture and traditions, and to tolerate and accept them, as they demand we do theirs.

I disagree with you on the "post hoc justification". The use of burkas as disguises to commit crimes are real, the treat of terrorism is real, and as such there is no need to use them as justification, merely examples.

John.

Do you mean tolerate and accept, or do you mean adopt? If they were forcing us to adopt their practices thats a whole different ball game. I feel sorry for the Brits abroad who dont integrate, but I dont think the Spanish should ban roast beef because they wont eat tapas.

A Muslim Male colleague of mine, who is no longer with us told me that the Burka was almost NEVER seen to be worn in his native country - India.

He said the main reason that young women wore them over here was because of Peer pressure from their female elders. (a bit like the Short Skirt & Revealing Tops thing from our old giffs)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thats not very surprising, Martin, India is not a muslim country, Islam is about 14%.

But there are lots of muslim countries where the burka is not the norm. Its a local interpretation, various forms of headscarf are much more common.

A Muslim Male colleague of mine, who is no longer with us told me that the Burka was almost NEVER seen to be worn in his native country - India.

He said the main reason that young women wore them over here was because of Peer pressure from their female elders. (a bit like the Short Skirt thing from our old giffs)

20 years ago, that was true. They were a rare sight in Bombay or Delhi but were almost never seen in regional towns and cities or even in Muslim villages.

Sadly, that is no longer true and they are now a fairly common sight.

Inevitably, the BJP is gaining ground as a result and even as an outsider, you can feel the increasing tension.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Thanks Ken & yes I'm clearly behind the times with that, though the female elders over here still hold sway - (or so they'd like to think!!)

Security & Safety for all should still be paramount. (Airport & Driving) with NO exceptions for religious beliefs!!

If I have to take my shoes off when going through airport security - then it's burka off too!!

(Can Sikhs still ride a motorbike without a crash helmet??)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Thanks Ken & yes I'm clearly behind the times with that, though the female elders over here still hold sway - (or so they'd like to think!!)

Security & Safety for all should still be paramount. (Airport & Driving) with NO exceptions for religious beliefs!!

If I have to take my shoes off when going through airport security - then it's burka off too!!

Yes they can

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes they can

Thanks chesters - they are only risking their own lives after all.

Edited by Martin56

Absolutely. They also get a free pass on carrying bloody great knives!

On the down side, Muslim paedophile gang rapists are universally referred to as "Asian" by the MSM, which pisses the Sikhs off no end.

One law for all and an end to political correctness would do everyone a favour.

Edited by Ken L

I dont follow how making them do something under threat of prosecution shows a willingness to do anything? Nor how doing something which could appear spiteful would enhance integration - its just going to enhance the perception that they are disliked by the rest of us. I think our culture can withstand a few people dressing oddly.

Do you mean tolerate and accept, or do you mean adopt? If they were forcing us to adopt their practices thats a whole different ball game. I feel sorry for the Brits abroad who dont integrate, but I dont think the Spanish should ban roast beef because they wont eat tapas.

Would you say that making forced marriages, or female genial mutilation illegal, (things that are accepted by some as a part of the culture that some want to bring here), appears spiteful, and enhances the perception that they are disliked by the rest of us? It may seem like I'm trivialising a serious subject, but it is still forcing them to abide by the laws of this, their adoptive country.

I definitely mean tolerate and accept, not adopt, and I wish it was as trivial as roast beef versus curry. I would not expect a Muslim woman to wear a mini skirt, and revealing top, but I don't believe that the English girls who do, should be berated and verbally abused because it doesn't fit in with someone elses religion. The same people who scream "racist" if any part of their culture is even questioned.

From some of your comments, I get the feeling that you haven't lived in an area that has a very large Asian, (predominately Muslim), population Steve. It changes your perception when you do.

When you talk to people and think that they are just ordinary folk like yourself, and then see on the news that they have planted bombs on buses to kill your fellow country men. Not long before the London bombings, I was talking to one of the lads in his dads shop, another two lived a couple of streets away from my in-laws, and I'd often spoken to them in passing. To talk to a person, and look them in the eyes, and not realise that they were planning to commit mass murder, is a sobering thought. So I hope you will understand that I am very wary when I see some of them wearing masks that hide their identity, and their numbers increasing dramatically, until there are Muslim enclaves where they actively discourage visits from 'strangers'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John