Boris

Andrew

Wrong

Name me a country where multiculturalism (different groups of people with differing sets of fundamental beliefs and values) has worked in the long term.

The Balkans through to the South Caucasus region is where the west and the Islamic world have existed side by side for the longest and that's not exactly a multicultural utopia where diversity is strength - more a sh1thole blighted by a millennium of conflict and genocide.

Even Rome fell when they gave the foreign barbarians citizenship and allowed them their own enclaves among the populous.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Scotland. We do alright keeping our own culture and identity while tolerating other peoples right to practice their own traditions within the law. It's actually quite nice to see how other cultures do things. Not once have i felt my scots heritage is under threat by other culture.

One thing we dont do well is scots and other scots traditions :lol:

To be silly for a moment, with your reasoning, lets take it a step further and ban scots living in england from celebrating burns night and eating haggis in england. Its obviously not part of your culture or traditions and is clearly destroying your own cultural identity.

Thats how stupid i see this debate over covering a face because its not part of your culture in england.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Scotland? Scotland has been riven by a sectarian divide for 500 years and in Glasgow in particular, this regularly results in death and serious assault.

As for "tolerating other peoples right to practice their own traditions within the law", that's the rub isn't it? What happens when it's not within the law? What happens when its Sikhs carrying knives? What happens when its Afghans raping boys? What happens when its Africans beating the demons out of their own children? What happens when its Pakistani grooming gangs in Glasgow? What happens when its forced child marriage, or polygamy or bride burning?

Do you apply the law or do you just pretend it isn't happening and hope that they'll integrate better if you don't harass them?

"One thing we dont do well is scots and other scots traditions :lol:"

Same down here with English traditions and culture but the loony lefties in charge of the purse strings never seem to be short of money to enable and promote deeply foreign cultures. Weird that. They will starve their own culture to death while nurturing an outside one that is antagonistic to it.

The "debate over covering a face" is about applying a universal set of laws, values and expectations to everybody. I can't walk into my bank or use a bus pas that requires photo ID, or even shop in my local Tesco while in a full face covering (a balaclava) and that's fine. Our national culture demands that I obey those norms. I expect those norms to apply to everybody, regardless of religion or ethnic origin.

There should be no more acceptance of Muslim women wearing a full veil in Britain than there is of being topless in bikini pants on a beech in Saudi Arabia.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All that you mentioned about beatings cause physical harm or death to others and quite rightly illegal and is dealt with. How is that in anyway comparable to covering your face in the streets. Who does that harm ?

As for photo id and banks. Thats not culture. thats common sense.

As for scotland. I did says scots and other scots. Which one would you ban. Prodestants or catholics. Rangers or celtic.

As a whole glasgow does multiculturalism quite well. I should know. I live there. Hardly starved of our own culture. Ive seen asian blokes decked in stereotypical scots clothing while partaking in an asian street festival mingling with all sorts of cultures and having a bloody good time.

Sadly, it's all too often not dealt with and common sense is not applied. I passed a local Gurdwara last week and it was like a cutlery convention with people wearing large illegal knives about their person. It took decades for anyone to act in Telford, Rotherham and other cities and I see women in Niqabs walking into banks, using train passes etc all the time. Last time I had reason to pass through Cape Hill which is to the west of Birmingham, only a minority of drivers were obeying basic laws (wearing a seatbelt, not using a phone and having the kids strapped in with an appropriate seat or restraint)and because I used to know a bunch of coppers who operated out of the local Piddock Road Police station, I know that it is (or at least was) policy, not to take action against Asians in situations where white or black people would get a ticket.

I reiterate, we have one set of laws and social norms and they need to be applied equally.

Of course, the issue isn't "Muslim women", the issue is full face coverings and I for one am sick and tired of seeing far left thugs assaulting people and destroying property, protected by the anonymity of a face mask.

Glasgow and Birmingham are clearly very different cities.

This is pretty normal in Birmingham:

Scotland. We do alright keeping our own culture and identity while tolerating other peoples right to practice their own traditions within the law. It's actually quite nice to see how other cultures do things. Not once have i felt my scots heritage is under threat by other culture.

One thing we dont do well is scots and other scots traditions :lol:

To be silly for a moment, with your reasoning, lets take it a step further and ban scots living in england from celebrating burns night and eating haggis in england. Its obviously not part of your culture or traditions and is clearly destroying your own cultural identity.

Thats how stupid i see this debate over covering a face because its not part of your culture in england.

Scotland ? half of them dont even live there ,on a visit to tongue every person i met was from anywhere but scotland and mostly english !the only scotsman was from skye!

As to culture you speak english in the south and gaelic is only spoken by a few tens of thousands mostly in the north

I am half scottish and spent a great deal of time up there as a kid and only tasted haggis for the first time last year lol in england

PS 20% off this site including free post ,mine will be here tuesday inc haggis

https://www.campbellsmeat.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkrrbBRB9EiwAhlN8_HC3aK-GLxPFBjDvt4dtYG4mHApHDbsX_r1H2AG44cA5FjmnYIYojhoC0xQQAvD_BwE

Code shop4

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Scotland ? half of them dont even live there ,on a visit to tongue every person i met was from anywhere but scotland and mostly english !the only scotsman was from skye!

As to culture you speak english in the south and gaelic is only spoken by a few tens of thousands mostly in the north

I am half scottish and spent a great deal of time up there as a kid and only tasted haggis for the first time last year lol in england

What ?