Croatia Fishing?

Martin56

Hey up guys, any one wet a bit of a line in Croatia?? Nothing too serious though just Holiday LRF with 9 foot rods, may take 6 piece 12 foot Carp rod for bigger stuff!!

Thanks.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Not fished Croatia but have fished a bit further south. Lots of mullet and small barbel species in the rivers.

Any still or slow water is likely to contain turtles - so have a plan for dealing with them.

I do recall stories of monster chub in Croatian rivers in the angling press of the 80's which might be interesting.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Martin,

My wife’s Russian grandfather fished Croatia, both in the Adriatic and fresh water. She assures me local people in Croatia have long fishing tradition so there will always be somebody to give visitors info and tips where and how to fish.

Toward the end of my fishing exploits I would always have a look at “fishing.com” before a new international trip. You don’t say where in Croatia you are going?

They have fish

Phone

Martin,

My wife’s Russian grandfather fished Croatia, both in the Adriatic and fresh water. She assures me local people in Croatia have long fishing tradition so there will always be somebody to give visitors info and tips where and how to fish.

Toward the end of my fishing exploits I would always have a look at “fishing.com” before a new international trip. You don’t say where in Croatia you are going?

They have fish

Phone

Were staying in Porec Phone, & intent to do some Light Rock, Beach fishing.

Doubt I'll be doing rivers but will see??

PS Thanks for the "Heads Up" Ken.

Sounds great, look forward to hearing how you go on Martin.

I used to love reading Vagabonds (Dave) reports of his experditions to foreign climbs....he had some beltin write ups!

Edited by Tigger

Sounds great, look forward to hearing how you go on Martin.

I used to love reading Vagabonds (Dave) reports of his experditions to foreign climbs....he had some beltin write ups!

Not going till October mate, 4 or 5 hours a day just wetting a line - gets one away from the wife for a bit!! Edited by Martin56