Travelling Light

Del_R

Apart from basic fishing tackle the only thing I have to take is my chair. I can't stand for more than a few minutes and can't walk more than a couple of hundred metres, so it also means I can't carry loads of kit very far. The only swims I can fish have to have decent access for a car, or I need to take a good friend.

John, I have used a Korum accessory chair for years now. I have side table, feeder arm and under/over rests for the pole.

Not the lightest but does everything.

I bought myself an efgeeco Pakaseat for fishing the medway long ago ,the fricking thing was like a toboggan on the slightest slope i had to take tent pegs and a hammer to hold the beast back so much for fishing light!

In the end i just used my efgeeco carryall (forget its name but it was a multi pocketed rod holdall )and a round bit of felt in my keepnet to sit on

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks all, but I've tried a few seats, and struggle to fish from one. It's ok for legering, and even laying on, but no good for trotting. Depending on the swim, I will trot either standing up, or sitting down, I've found I can't do this sitting in a chair, but on my box I'm more upright so can put a float through almost as good as standing. Seeing as trotting a float is about 85% of my fishing, then I think I'll stick with my box until I find something more suitable, or until I can't manage it anymore.

I used to have a small folding Efgeeco chair for when I used to go on the bus, but find it too low now. In fact my grandson has claimed it as his fishing chair, when he 'fishes' in the garden. It's 50 yrs old, and still going strong, a good advert for Efgeeco, and the tackle of yesteryear.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

This may sound a bit off the wall John, but have you thought about a Shooting Stick??

This one has adjustable height/Telescopic, so can fish ALMOST stood up whilst taking the weight off your legs at the same time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alloy-Adjustable-Shooting-Stick-Leather/dp/B002WIG0L6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1538173070&sr=8-5&keywords=telescopic+shooting+sticks

There's loads of others below the Link.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

John, here's another useful Link about setting up your box re your back problems.

About 5 min's into the vid's the bit to see.

https://youtu.be/QIGOESIQjmM

I found it helped me.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I don't know if you've ever sat/leaned on a shooting stick Martin, but I can assure you they aren't the most stable of things. I could see myself going for a swim if I struck a little too vigorously. :D

Tom hasn't change much over the years, he still uses thingermie bobs, and whatsits. I used to bump into him now and again on the odd open match. His video looked ideal for pole match anglers, but I don't think a spirit level would make much difference, it's more the stability, and height that I find important. Funnily enough, I still set out my gear as I always did when fishing a match, with everything to hand. I suppose old habits do 'die hard'.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John