Volunteer bailiff joins Building Bridges team as Project Officer

The Angling Trust's Building Bridges team has appointed Polish-born Janusz Kansik as Project Officer to help educate European anglers about fishing in this country.

Since coming to England in 2010, Janusz has qualified as a Level 1 Angling Coach and joined the Voluntary Bailiff Service, supporting Environment Agency fisheries enforcement officers by regularly patrolling lakes and rivers near his home in Oxfordshire.

unnamed-12-300x215.jpgJanusz said: â€œWhen I came to this country a lot of people invested their time in helping me make my fishing skills better, which I think was amazing. So I decided I wanted to help others as well and do this by making coaching videos and through my work as a volunteer bailiff.

“My role as Project Officer provides a unique opportunity to make an even greater contribution to the wonderful sport of angling through education and integration of those who share the passion. I am very excited at this opportunity to work with like-minded anglers and bring new, exciting ideas to fruition.

Funded by fishing licence income through partnership with the Environment Agency, the Building Bridges project engages with migrant communities, including schools, encouraging anglers to join a local club and fish by the rules. Building Bridges staff also work with angling clubs to host integrated angling events and contribute to Voluntary Bailiff Service training and Fisheries Enforcement Workshops.

Rado Papiewski, who manages the Building Bridges project, said: ''I am really pleased that Janusz is joining our team. His positive attitude, energy and fresh ideas are exactly what we are looking for. I am sure that his employment is going to benefit many anglers and fisheries in this country.

Click here to view the full article

Try our newTackle & Bait Finder
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

Grab yourself an amazing bargain at http://www.cheap-bargains.co.uk/

USING THE LINKS ABOVE IS A WAY THAT YOU CAN HELP KEEP ANGLERS' NET FREE!

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.