dink fishing

Phone

3cm showing !are you fishing for sharks at a 100 yards?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bulk shot - putting most of the shot round the float makes it cast better with fewer tangles.

Heavier rigs are easier to cast at the expense of delicacy.

Float adapter - an eye with a bit of silicone on it or other adapter to let you change floats without tackling up again - I never use em

Lighter hooklength - just so if you get smashed up you wont lose everything. If you do it with the same line it will probably still break at the knot to the same effect.

Multicolours - yeah, we do that, but its less obvious than a tiny bit of tip just vanishing - hows your eyesight? What you can do, which I prefer, is to have a long, thin tip in multicolours. Pull to sink it depends on cross sectional area of tip, so a toothpick, cocktail stick, length of wire, thin end of a quill etc will sink (or rise) a long way with a tiny bit of shot.

Detergent on line - makes it easier to sink to get it out of the wind so it doesnt drag your float around. Thats all. Its a wrinkle. I seldom bother, couple of hard turns of the reel with the tip underwater and youre good.

Bulb - bulb at top - river float. Bulb at bottom - pond float. Roughly. Slow rivers, etc, but enough for a rule of thumb.

All,

I got this float box out 24'' long X 16" wide with a "rooftop" sloped height of about 16" usable space. About 300 quills - (oops - 1/3rd are peacock, goose, and maybe some other birds, not porcupine) Porcupine are coolest looking natural, I believe the peacock need to be "made up, dressed and painted". Most of them are 12" or less but YES Chesters1 a few are OVER 18" and larger than a big soda straw. Various "pre-shaped" configurations including some are curved or slightly bent. Probably just throw the bent ones away(?)

Then the "others" - mostly little bulbs, some weighted some (maybe) not. Some have the little hole on the long part of the stick and some on the short part of the stick. On the short part of the stick most have a loop to put the line through and then a little tubing that slides up against the tip. So, Steve, I have some of each.

Inventory: One Pack contains 5 floats5BB (Length: 195mm)5 4BB (Length: 175mm)5 3BB (Length: 155mm)5 No 4 (Length: 135mm)5 No 4 (Length: 115mm) . These appear to be hollow glass(?) - for sure they are glass.

The only other "odd" ones are some tiny clear "bobbers" that have a space for "glow in the dark" sticks. I have 4 or 5 color glow tubes and a dozen each. Also some small "bobbers" that you add water to for weight.

Everything else I know - they are simple mainline "bobbers"

Phone

Edited by Phone

Steve,

If only???

I can "image" some from Google images (I know how to do that) but really not the same I guess. It would be a massive picture if I put them all out. 300 quills is just a guess, but it's a 'ell of a lot.

I'll see what I can find if you think it will help to determine what I have?

Phone

Those are loaded insert wagglers Phone, designed to be fished attached bottom end only, on still, or slow moving waters. The brass weights fixed to the bottom of the float, partially cocks it so that less shot is needed down the line. The insert at the top, is less buoyant that the rest of the float, so that it will register a bite more clearly. The long floats can be used to help beat the effects of a strong side wind.

Just seen your earlier post. The floats with eyes attached, (little holes), are fished with the eyes at the bottom, although it's unusual to use the eyes now because there are so many types of quick change adaptors. The 'bulbs' near the top floats are fished using 2 or 3 silicon tubes to attach it to the line, and are used in running water. The ones with the 'bulb' at the bottom are bodied wagglers, and used attached bottom end only, the buoyancy of the 'bulb' allows you to use extra shot, and gives you more options as to the shotting patterns.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Phone, it's best to use Gripper Stops on the floats in your photo' (which we call Loaded Wagglers) rather than shot either side of the float.

The clear type you have are called Loaded Crystal Wagglers, but same applies as above.

Here's the Gripper stops I use, but there are a few names out there for them & are attached same way regardless.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjM9MiB3ojeAhXMk-0KHZZnDrEYABAJGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAASEuRoRBdURBZcNZ0-o1T_FTdYEQ&sig=AOD64_1LhseBfiVuF1lpAlD_lQIYxjJdvw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjKy8KB3ojeAhWRT8AKHWpaAnwQ9aACCDQ&adurl=

I only use shot either side if I'm using Unloaded Wagglers.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!