council craziness

chesters1

Floating bridge? Lost me there. Guessing it's a news item I've missed.... :huh:

Shame on you not keeping abreast of Isle of Wight News.

Cowes Floating bridge timeline:

13 May 2017 - Vessel launched

14 May - Broke down

15 May - Service suspended by Maritime and Coastguard Agency

7 June - Ran aground

9 June - Ran aground for a second time

9 June - Council said it had cleared "silt build-up that caused the floating bridge to ground"

10 June - Ran aground a third time

13 June to 3 July - Taken out of service at low tide

30 June - Broke down due to electrical fault

21 July - Withdrawn from service at night due to noise levels

4 September - Withdrawn from service indefinitely

11 December - Service resumed as part of extended trial

2 February 2018 - Broken prow chain

14 April - Ran aground

15-16 July - Out of service for "improvements"

Ongoing - Unable to run during low tides

8 August - Ran aground

9-10 August - Out of service due to problem with prow hinge

4 September - Out of service for slipway remedial works

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I would like to know who dropped that little fort just outside benbridge harbour ,we scraped some paint off our keel going past it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I would like to know who dropped that little fort just outside benbridge harbour ,we scraped some paint off our keel going past it

Palmerston. You can stay in one of them now, someone converted it to a hotel.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Really ? It was very small not like no mans land etc!

Perhaps we were near the bottom of the five gallons of bulmers traditional and imagined it?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Really ? It was very small not like no mans land etc!

Perhaps we were near the bottom of the five gallons of bulmers traditional and imagined it?

Oh! Do you mean the Mulberry Harbour that didn’t quite make it to Normandy?

Oh! Do you mean the Mulberry Harbour that didnt quite make it to Normandy?

No we found that it was round and not very high ,we tried getting to it but run aground on rocks ,sure it was off benbridge

We came ashore after parking on the reef by the lifeboat in a storm on waking next morning high and dry (who leaves reefs lying about?) We notice the dingy we keep on a lead had gone so we went looking ,the kindly lifeboat person had found it and parked it by the hut .my mate went back to the boat waiting for the tide to float it while i dragged it gulliver style as far out as i could.

We tied the string together and chugged off heading for pompey and spotted it and decidee one gounding wasnt enough

Next trip we put the dingy on the davits and it acted like a sail and along with the stub keels made fishing a nighmare so it went back in and acted like a drogue but with a bit of string not 40 years old like the dingy!

Bilge keels are crap at anchor but great running aground

Googling reveals its st helens fort

Edited by chesters1

Googling reveals its st helens fort

Ah, that’s also one of Palmerston’s. You should have left it open so Cory could comment, he probably is an expert on Bembridge Roads!

Personally not sailed into/out of Bembridge a lot, perhaps a dozen times at most, but the road is a bitch and easy to run aground if you attempt a slight deviation or short cut.

Bembridge ledge catches out a lot as well and the lifeboat has moved since you were banned from returning to the Island.

Ah, thats also one of Palmerstons. You should have left it open so Cory could comment, he probably is an expert on Bembridge Roads!

Personally not sailed into/out of Bembridge a lot, perhaps a dozen times at most, but the road is a bitch and easy to run aground if you attempt a slight deviation or short cut.

Bembridge ledge catches out a lot as well and the lifeboat has moved since you were banned from returning to the Island.

It was about 1984 ish ,moved or did we forget to untie from it before chugging off?

The pitchforgs and brandishing were a spectacle as we made off

It was about 1984 ish ,moved or did we forget to untie from it before chugging off?

The pitchforgs and brandishing were a spectacle as we made off

It’s Bembridge Chesters, those were not pitchforks they were roasting forks, I’m not surprised the mob were angry, you was their lunch!

Its Bembridge Chesters, those were not pitchforks they were roasting forks, Im not surprised the mob were angry, you was their lunch!

I was thin then now i could feed the island!