council craziness

chesters1

Even more craziness ,got big bill for water which suggested i may have a leak or used more water .

Went avestigating and my bat like ears heard a very faint hiss on pipe coming up from mains tap at 2am (knowing the heating and hot water wasnt in use and the toilet not filling) turned off mains tap and it was still going showing it was between that and meter at the bottom of the garden .

Put on clothes and listened at meter ,faint hiss ,turned of meter its gone.

So conclusion leak between house and meter with a stand pipe next to meter most probably the culprit!

Phoned emergency line (24/7 it says) no bugger picked up! ,phoned friday 9th 8am no-one bothered to pick up ,10.30 someone did but said it wasnt an emergency ! So i did what i could to save money switched the water off at meter only turning it on twice a day to fill tank in loft and shower and get drinking water.

Sent email to non emergency contact telling them the problem ,monday phonecall came telling us contractor will be about in area on the 26th he will pop in ,i escalated it to an emergency by telling them the heating is dangerous to use with the water off,contactor suddenly appeared wed 14th !

Told me its a big job got to cut through tarmac you know ,machines ,maybe a digger ,takes time to arrange etc then buggered off.

Heard nothing so phoned again friday again telling them theres no heating they suggested i get in touch with contractor to borrow heating (just what i need bigger electric bill aswell!)

I dug holeand found leak (took a 65 year old an hour with a hammer and bolster and a spade so much for big job!)

Big leak on connector to stand pipe obviously olive had failed tried tightening but no different until a minute later 3ft deep hole was overflowing !

Turned off at mains and went back to routine mrs not amused shes a woman and england gets 'cold' mid bloody august so heating slyly comes on (she puts it on i turn it off its a game!).

Contractor comes on phone big job he says new pipe needed from meter right round house to back to come in through back wall ,telling him it was a £5 quid t connector needed strangely fell on deaf ears .

Council phonestelling us 7 grand was being issued to fix fault workers will be out last thursday (now nearly a fortnight with no heating and little water).

Chaps came out armed to the teeth with compressors and something called a mole (strangely sexual thing!) And moled away to back door finishing by dusk thursday .

Friday they put in pipeand waited the plumber who came at 11am ,i asked him to take a peek at kitchen and told him the kitchen tap and water filter and pipe to washing machine were seperate and were protected by a pressure reducing valve as we have very high pressure which bursts water filter cannisters and blows washing machine hoses off at night when the pressure builds up ,i even drew a diagram and showed him where the valve was behind the panneling the kitchen fitter had cleverly blocked it in with!

I went out but as i passed through gate i noticed a funnel of water coming out hole he idiot had cut the pipe going into the meter!

I got back just as he was leaving ,all done he said new mains tap now behind washing machine (stupid bloody place) and he left.

Yesterday mrs told me no water in bog i checked and nothing in bathroom sink either! Someones ****ed up obvously !

Out came the washing machine ,****ing idiot had saved time by directly plumbing into kitchen tap ,fine in most circumstances but whe water obviously cannot get past my reducing valve to get to loft and the tank.

Spent 3 hours this morning bringin his crap pipe to the original mains tap so not only have we water you can turn the fricken mains off in the little door in easy reach as comon sense dictates!

Strangely (not a plumber but in this case better than a real one) the dial on the pressure valve has been forced beyond the 10 bar number and stuck ,its still working in the correct direction thank goodness but the dial is buggered.

Heating back on dinner now cooking what a fortnight!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Trips to the Races & "Team Building Curry Nights" (Free Bus Included for both) are also quite popular - according to my workmate's, council working wife!!

Nice work - if one can get it!!

Clearly from money saved out of now fortnightly Bin emptying. (was weekly)

Just because you have a crappy council it does not follow that we all have.

December 2018

Monday 03 General

Wednesday 05 General

Friday 07 Recycling

Friday 07 General

Monday 10 General

Wednesday12 General

Friday 14 Recycling

Friday 14 General

Monday 17 General

Wednesday 19 General

Friday21 Recycling

Friday 21 General

Monday 24 General

Friday 28 General

Monday 31 Recycling

Monday 31 General

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Madness SBC to spend millions restoring the piers here at Whitby after years of neglect but to my surprise a team of divers examining one of piers for holes in the stone were inspecting it to my amaizment when the tide was up when if they had waited another 6 hours they could have inspected the same hole in the stone when the tide went out leaving it fully exposed the SBC engineer was nowhere in sight incredible and talk about a waste of money they did keep the locals amused some thought it was an early April fool .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a phone call doing a survey on behalf of the council for the fixing of the pipe (why is the council giving my details to third parties?)

Obviously ticking boxes as the only answers acceptable is very satisfied, satisfied, unsatisfied or very unsatisfied.

It didnt go well ,he couldnt except (or rather the tick boxes cannot) on the speed of work when i refused to answer because the pipe installation was satisfactory but the plumbing very unsatisfied ,the follow up to the work was also very satisfied regarding the company doing the work but not the contractor subcontracting the end company.Nor could i answer how the council acted because their actions changed throughout the 2 weeks waiting for action so i cannot answer within these 4 statements ,it started from very unsatisfied up to very satisfied once it was done ,just answering very satisfied would give a false idea the council did well from the start which they didnt!

He also asked if the council can contact us about the survey ,i said they can if they wish which obviously wasnt on his screen ,he asked yes or no ,i answered if they want its up to them (perfectly reasonable answer its not my place to tell the council what to do) this answer wasnt excepted despite me repeating my answer 4 times which seemed to annoy him ,YES or NO he said in a raised voice (all the time chewing gum by the sound of it) i put the phone down!

Why are the council wasting money getting people to question tennants when they are paid to do it themselves ,they used to come out to tick the job finished box now it seems they undoubtedly pay more for some stranger to do it on a phone ,crazy!

Talking to a boss from mears (who sub contracted the pipework out) the plumber was also sub contracted from a third company so the blame can be passed on i guess ,mears contracted the kitchen to a polish company when they did that and yet another company doing the bathroom ,there must be plenty of dosh going about our pipe cost 7 grand and there wasnt one council inspector checking how it was spent!

Mears just told the council what needed doing and probably priced it and the council coughed up ,from £5 (a new brass t piece )to £7000 is a big difference!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson