John Wilson - RIP

Chris Plumb

He was a genuine bloke Tigger.

Met him a few time at trade shows

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I've no doubt he was Andrew :).

As I say for some reason I always wanted to meet him and when he moved abroad I realised that would probably never happen. Unfortunately I was right.

I'm not really interested in meeting any other celeb anglers, maybe at a push two others who are in my eyes as unalike as chaulk and cheese really, Bob James and Nanny Mc Fee/Matt Hayes.

Since I never go to tackle fairs and shows I doubt i'll ever meet the either.

Bob James is another great angler and personality.

We used to have yearly cancer fund raising events on the River Trent at Barrow on Trent with an angling website I owned

My friend used to be a balliff in a disabled angling club. Bob was more than happy to attend one of the times we had the fund raising event.

He was, to say the least, the perfect gentleman. Very kind on his advise etc.

He even offered a days angling with him as a raffle prize, One of PADs members Trevor Manning won it. They had an overnight on the stretch of PAD stretch

Back to John.

Last time I saw him was at Birmingham. He had been unwell, but still attended. That was many years ago.

I wont lower myself to utter some of the downright nasty rumours that were going around.

Matt Hayes, not one of my favourite personalities, he is rather void of one :shutup: to say the least.

Now Archie Braddock what an angler. Simple simple simple use of terminal tackle.

He also visited one of our events, again a great angler and personality. He showed us the simplest of way to rig up and bait up, been using that method ever since.

That's my name dropping done mate.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Sounds like you've met a number of celeb anglers Andrew, i've never met one.

Tell a lie, i've met Matin James who has the radio show, or had it and i've met Gordy Burton the pikeing pirate. Gord Burton is usually at PAAS open day show and he does a bit of a chat/lecture thingy.

Although they're not really what I think of when I think angling celebrity to be honest, both very nice gents but not as well known as the ones we've spoken of.

Edited by Tigger

Gord Burton loved watching him on telly, scruffy sod :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

“Vescere bracis meis”