New Years Eve

Andrew

2019 just round the corner.

Doors locked curtains drawn for us. To many crazy people out there full of alcohol ready to fight or maim others. :uhuh:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

We generally do both anyway ,i always wonder why people sit at night with the curtains drawn ? Wanting you to see how posh they think they are?

Nothing like that here most drunks probably drown in the river long before they get here the rest get lost in the woods .

We did go on holiday and found on our return you could open the door as the lock had busted but crime is rare ,the toss up between streetlamps and no street lamps (how close you are to 'civilisation')

Happy new year ! Wasnt there one about this time last year?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I wish everyone all the best the coming new year can bring.

I'm doing it early because I'll probably be tucked up in bed for 'the bells'.

I'm aching, sweating, shivering, and coughing up some pretty unpleasant stuff at the moment, although I'm feeling a little better than I did on Saturday.

We will have to forgo our usual New Years Eve trip to the top of Otley Chevin, to join hundreds of other hardy Yorkshire folk in bringing in the new year. It's become a bit of a tradition, and from up there you can see out into Wharfedale on one side, and across Bradford and beyond, on the other. A couple of hundred plus, people just chatting, wishing each other well, a few fireworks, and the occasional small nip of something festive, then back to the 'real' world. A friendly gathering of strangers, of all ages, lasting about 20 or 30 minutes, in the cold, but well worth the effort.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm aching, sweating, shivering, and coughing up some pretty unpleasant stuff at the moment,

John.

Ditto John.

Mrs and I have both got stinking colds. Horrid cough keeping me awake at night I was up at 2.30am for a cuppa this morning. We ended up watching a movie.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Happy New Year everyone s065.gif

I've just settled down with a snack of cheese on crackers and some tins of Old Speckled Hen. Later will watch a movie or two (TV is crap) with a couple of glasses of Drambuie. Fortunately the dog isn't scared by fireworks going off, so will probably take him out just before midnight to watch them going off.

Then back indoors and hopefully see the first images coming in of Ultima Thule from the New Horizons probe (fingers and everything else crossed).

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Sorry to hear that, John, there are some really nasty bugs around at the moment. I had it in early December and still have a bit of a cough. My elderly neighbour got it about the same time and was laid up for a month. It's not flu, but it's bloody horrible.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, John, there are some really nasty bugs around at the moment. I had it in early December and still have a bit of a cough. My elderly neighbour got it about the same time and was laid up for a month. It's not flu, but it's bloody horrible.

Cheers Steve, it's easing off a bit now. Aches and pains not as bad, and the gunk loosening in my throat. It's a long time since I had the flu, and that was really bad, this is not as bad, but as you say, 'bloody horrible'. My 3 year old grandson started with a bad cough, and complained his "body was hurting". A trip to the Docs diagnosed a chest infection, and he seems to be responding to antibiotics. I certainly didn't want him to go through the same as me, although me having COPD hasn't helped.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John