In case anyone is interested.

gozzer

Coarse fish seem to get on fine in Scotland and theris no closed season.

I agree, though it is probably a dodgy comparison given the relative population densities, environmental pressures, and the popularity of game fishing in Scotland.

• 6 months later...

I've read on another forum, that the result of the consultation is that the closed season will stay as it is. However, try as I might I can't find a link to confirm this. It could just be my crap web searching, so has anyone else seen, or heard, if this is correct or not?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Gozzer,

You might Google "closed season" - this is what I came up with.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/close-season-retained-following-public-consultation

Phone

Edit: From 20 August 2019

oops.gifwallbash.gif Doh, I wish I wuz smart like you phone.

Thanks, I made the mistake of googling things like 'EA close season survey results', or similar, and all I got were out of date links to the survey/consultation itself.

Less than .01% of anglers bothered to respond!

Maybe the ongoing debacle about leaving the EU has taken it's toll, and people have lost all confidence in using a vote as a means to make a choice in anything.

John.

• Like 2

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hmmmm

Support among anglers for retaining a close season and removing it is finely balanced. The 8 week public consultation received 13,680 responses with 38.8% of anglers supporting retaining the current close season; 9.2% support retaining a close season, but changing the dates to 15 April to 30 June; and 49.8% support removing the close season altogether. 2.2% were undecided or didnt respond.

How was the consultation run ,did it come with the license ? I didnt read the guff that comes with it.howwere people "invited" to partake .

I know from many 'consultations' its not fully implemented countrywide and in reality whatever the outcome is it can be ignored so pretty pointless except for the few words the public were consulted

Waverley council wanted to implement a new housing association (not sure why ? Brown envelopes?) It "consulted" every council tennant and the response was very high and some very high figure (%90+?) Said no ,the council now run a housing association AND ordinary council housing ! No doubt at higher cost aswell those given even a tiny bit of power do NOT like being told what to do!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

How was the consultation run ,did it come with the license ? I didnt read the guff that comes with it.howwere people "invited" to partake .

I know from many 'consultations' its not fully implemented countrywide and in reality whatever the outcome is it can be ignored so pretty pointless except for the few words the public were consulted

I used to get e-mails from the EA, giving me regular updates on any surveys, consultations, etc, to do with the waterways chesters.

I had trouble with my e-mail account, and forgot to tell them I'd got a new one, so now have to rely on stuff I pick up on the 'grape vine'. That's how I heard about this one, someone mentioned it, then I saw it on line, so posted it on here.

You can register to receive e-mails if you fancy hearing about flood relief/prevention issues, proposed changes in temp discharge allowances, etc, as well as more angling related surveys. You get your chance to comment on the proposals, if you think it might do any good. It was through one of these that I heard about the changes in taking fish from the water, 'one for the pot', a few years ago. They tried to slip it through with another proposal, it was hidden a couple of paragraphs down the paper.

John.

The usual hiding it away incase someone finds it lol

The wey here has been diverted to run under one arch and the mrs told me people were removing the fish in the now drying part but they obviously run out of fish to catch and left (just a shallow bit 20 foot wide and 50 feet long with only tiddlers in it going by looking) .

Told to get off the bridge by some kid in orange wearing a hard hat ,i told him where he wanted us to walk on is the bit falling apart so i declined his invitation and carried on walking the bridge its for your safety sir he said there could be a tipper truck using it ,i remarked can they climb concrete bollards? and when they do i will leave.

He huffed and did the same with a couple following me .

At the far end was a woman from surrey cc in brand new pristine yellow ppe and hard had with ear defenders!?! (That noisy no-one is actually doing anything but telling people to get off a safe bridge onto a suspended and rotting walkway attached to it!)

Hopefully its all worth it i said and lasts longer than it has ! What did i mean she said ?i told her these huge oak beams have rotted in the last 15 years .

15! she said the bridge is ancient hundreds of years old .

I told her the bridge was last strengthened 15 years ago was it she said!

Why the frick are we employing people who know nothing?

In 2005 English heritage told the farnham herald they had discovered a "unknown" arch , strangely its mentioned in a book written less than a 100 years ago ,more example of people who know nothing getting paid by the tax payer!

I cant wait for them to find the steel beams that will be "unknown" getting in the way of the proposed steel cross beams they intend to install to support the footpath attached to the bridge !its also strange they closed the bridge before building the temp bridge for pedestrians next to it forcing them to use the bad bit ? Must have **** for brains!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson