In case anyone is interested.

gozzer

Pigs have wings!!explains the pigs can fly thing!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1

When pigs can fly - - - - - - I'll

Pretty common in my youth for "impossible"

Then Dumbo

Then the early childhood TV (my grandchildren) "the tea-cup piglets"

Now, kids just say - WTF

Phone

Edited by Phone

All,

Ohh NO Gozzer. should have been two seperate posts I guess.

And, I'm always pleased when you don't dissapoint.

I was just trying to forstall remarks lurking in the wings.

Phone

I'm glad we're still pals phone, you had me worried for a while.

Hopefully we can keep taking the pee out of each other for a long time without anyone being 'offended', as seems to be the norm' these days.

John.

Edited by gozzer
  • Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

All,

Steve,

I'm versed in caps quarter sticks and half sticks.

BTW, I made an error (typo) a dynamite cap clears a circle about 15 YARDS - not feet. The concussion just messes up thier something - they only stay surfaced for about 5 min max. Then off they go - flying like a pig.

The purpose of having dynamite around in the first place was to take out hedge rows. Once hedge rows served as fences) With the help of a little anhydrous ammonia a quarter stick of dynamite will lift a 3-4 inch tree straight up in the air about 6 inches. How's that done in England? Don't you use dynamite?

Phone

All,

Steve,

I'm versed in caps quarter sticks and half sticks.

BTW, I made an error (typo) a dynamite cap clears a circle about 15 YARDS - not feet. The concussion just messes up thier something - they only stay surfaced for about 5 min max. Then off they go - flying like a pig.

The purpose of having dynamite around in the first place was to take out hedge rows. Once hedge rows served as fences) With the help of a little anhydrous ammonia a quarter stick of dynamite will lift a 3-4 inch tree straight up in the air about 6 inches. How's that done in England? Don't you use dynamite?

Phone

Blaster Bates did ,no doubt others do

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwven0Rt94

My old boss in setting up in france had 3 wells but combined couldnt supply water to both the golf course and house etc ,in his wisdow he employed some french chaps with dynamite to make a huge hole in the mountain side to act as a lake ,2 well continually feeding the sump one for the house .

He was so impressed with this vast hole he employed them to make flower beds and a veg garden (the soil was only a few inches deep) on visiting the place to set up the garden i filled these holes with soil and the veg garden not knowing what the soil could grow i sowed a few packets of veg seeds a couple of months later (things grow quick in provence) i picked a few carrots and was amused to see several were right angled as they started growing down hit the rock then went off on an angle (only round the edge it was deepr as you went towards the middle)

Although the 'tank' worked it still wasnt enough so in the end got permission to dig more wells (those frog mayors are in it for the money for such permissions) and two more tanks in the end we installed an automated water system (unlike his house here where i did it) which actually saved water .

Regarding hedgerows here i doubt it ,even a small bang with have the neighbours curtains moving and 5 minutes later armed police would be shooting you in the face ,no chairs here either the legs get you in deep doodo

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Explosives are pretty tightly controlled here, I've not heard of them being used agriculturally! I guess we just grub them up with heavy machinery.

When I was a kid we used dynamite to get rid of tree stumps.

Mebbe I should retire to Finland. Folks seem to be still free to do what they please there.

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I don't see a strong ecological argument for keeping it, and there are certainly benefits to having a few eyes on the water. There's tradition, but my classic opening day involves a pond and tench, not a river, and that's history now. It seems harsh to criminalise people for the sake of tradition. So, with a little reluctance, I think it should go.

Coarse fish seem to get on fine in Scotland and theris no closed season.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote