Insurance.

To anyone who has insurance cover for theft from outbuildings it is essential that you check the small print of your policy.

I had my tackle stolen from my secured outbuilding in November 2018 (valued at £10,000) and although I was insured the company used by my insurer to calculate my losses tried to cap my claim at £3,000.00 even though my policy clearly states my claim limit is £75,000.00.

Even after my insurer had told them my limit they even refused to accept the evidence given and so my insurer had to take over dealing with my claim and telling the loss adjusters what to do.

Many new content only policies have a capped limit for outbuilding cover which is around the £2,500-£4,000 mark, which is not always easy to identify, so I urge you to check your policy small print and correct any deficiencies.

It would be no fun to lose all of your tackle to then be told by your insurer you'll get back only a 1/4 of the value.

The loss assessors even complained via email that " unfortunately I had over 150 items taken.." I did try to explain that, for example:

A thief steals a rod bad which is a single item but in that bag could be up to 20 other items, brolly, rods, reels, poles, bank sticks etc etc...

It seems that they are disgruntled because they have to do something called work... they were that bad I received an official apology from my insurer...

The loss adjusters used are called "BeValued." So if you ever find yourself under their care you are warned.

That's why its called small print lol

They are very easy to give money too but very difficult to get it from.

My mate had very little to say about a certain company ,his work tools were stolen from his garage they refused to pay because an approved lock wasn't used on the door, it didn't matter a jot to them the door wasn't used the thieves went in by prising out the nails holding one section of corrugated roof down ,he got nothing from the policy he used to cover work tools (no tools no work) and only a fraction of their worth under his household insurance

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Tackle to the value of yours should maybe have been declared & insured separately mate, along with photo's of the main gear along with telling them it's stored in an outbuilding.

They'll then give you a quote for the sum insured. (If they won't then go to an insurer who will)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Tackle to the value of yours should maybe have been declared & insured separately mate, along with photo's of the main gear along with telling them it's stored in an outbuilding.

They'll then give you a quote for the sum insured. (If they won't then go to an insurer who will)

My insurance has an outbuilding cover limit of £75,000 and once my insurer told their loss adjusters what to do my insurer agreed settlement without a hitch.

As I have been with the same insurer for over 21 years my policy is different to modern policies offered and cannot be changed on the whim of the loss adjuster because they don't want to have to do any work..

But, my warning is for those who perhaps have not investigated their cover details completely those who may get a nasty surprise if some Scroat decides that they are his next target. Those with thousands of pounds worth of tackle who could perhaps not afford a shortfall in payout if they were robbed are the people I speak to.

Now,

Sorry for the loss of your stuff mate. In all likelihood plenty of memories were stolen also.

If ever someone figures how to purchase "hassle free" insurance i'd be interested. Not all on the insurance co's however. I can't even begin to call the number of times some a-hole bragged about beating the system with lies.

Phone

Just had a platinum quote for our Mexican holiday.

Highest was £4.350 lowest was £1.875.

Diabetic, high blood pressure and cholesterol :doh:

Got it cheaper though. :clap3:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Andrew, see your GP - Ramipril 2 x 5mg per day re blood pressure - I don't have high blood pressure but standard heart attack kit.

Atorvastatin 80 mg per day (my cholesterol is 3.4 with these)

Insurance for Mexico & Jamaica was under £100 for both of us. (but I'm not Diabetic and wife's had breast cancer surgery & meds within that time which we declared)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Andrew, see your GP - Ramipril 2 x 5mg per day re blood pressure - I don't have high blood pressure but standard heart attack kit.

Atorvastatin 80 mg per day (my cholesterol is 3.4 with these)

Insurance for Mexico & Jamaica was under £100 for both of us. (but I'm not Diabetic and wife's had breast cancer surgery & meds within that time which we declared)

Who was that with please.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Who was that with please.

Andrew that was with "Fit2travel". Slight correction to price though - wife says it was £180 for both of us for Jamaica, but also included cancellation insurance.

E.U travel was about £76, again for both of us, again with our Medical conditions. (that was for Croatia last October)

We did it all Online.

Hope this helps.

Fit2Travel Platinum £189.76

I got it from explorer travel for £128 for platinum cover

Edited by Andrew

“Vescere bracis meis”