Selling unwanted books via the web

Has anyone any experience of doing this? is Amazon the best? If so, I can't seem to work out how to do it. I get various codes phoned through from that I have to quote, but I can't work out what you click to actually sell a book. All help appreciated.

john clarke

I sold some on ebay but its a perilous route

Make sure you examine every page for defects and list them ,note any defects on the cover and sheet and list them .

Buyers will pounce on anything to get it for nothing

Thirdly box it up with plenty of cushioning especially the corners and pray it gets delivered in one piece

Fourthly run of the mill books are just not worth the effort only collectors items can be worth it and colectors want the best

Fithly books rarely are worth what you think ,i have sold both the book of the perch and the fighting barbel and got far less than top end ,honesty costs money in such things you just hope 2 people fight for it !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You might want to consider passing them on to a charity shop & have the satisfaction that you've had the pleasure of owning & reading the books and that it's time to let them go to a good cause??

Better that, than to let them go for nix to the "Not as Described Brigade" Chesters mentioned!!

A 2nd hand book shop might give you a small few quid for some of the better ones. But is it worth your Petrol??

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

The first would be a monograph on near death experiences with RRP of £100, plus maybe some bible commentaries! Not the sort of stuff charity shops want, I fear. I may also decide to take leave of a few angling books, but if so I'll post a list on A.N.

John

john clarke

• 2 weeks later...

The first would be a monograph on near death experiences with RRP of £100, plus maybe some bible commentaries! Not the sort of stuff charity shops want, I fear. I may also decide to take leave of a few angling books, but if so I'll post a list on A.N.

John

Out-of-Body and Near-Death Experiences: Brain-State Phenomena Or Glimpses of Immortality?

Bible commentaries?

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote