Skint Britain - Fiends without Benefits

Martin56

Everyone has to have a "condition" nowadays it gives excuses to bad parents its a medical problem and its not their fault

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Everyone has to have a "condition" nowadays it gives excuses to bad parents its a medical problem and its not their fault

And the evidence to support your assertion is what?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

And the evidence to support your assertion is what?

The exact same evidence the condition exists ,none!

Its like trying to diagnose fibromyalgia ,any symptom on earth could be used ,i get tired have i got it?

Johny keeps shouting ,he must be ill its not just parents not telling him not to surely!

People need excuses today so a condition is found to explain bad parenting in a great many cases

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The exact same evidence the condition exists ,none!

Its like trying to diagnose fibromyalgia ,any symptom on earth could be used ,i get tired have i got it?

Johny keeps shouting ,he must be ill its not just parents not telling him not to surely!

People need excuses today so a condition is found to explain bad parenting in a great many cases

Opinions that are formed from gazing out your kitchen window are just that, opinions.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Opinions that are formed from gazing out your kitchen window are just that, opinions.

As are diagnoses of many "conditions"

Look at the symptoms of adhd

In reality its

Being a kid

Or being a naughty kid

If a kid gets bored his minds wanders ,if he gets really bored he makes sure everyone knows it!

Not a disease just a kid!

Going by half of the "symptoms" half the fricking world could have it !

Parent ,johny wont do his home work! He also wont wash his neck

AHH he must have adhd all the symptons add up

In reality parents cannot be bothered to be parents and need an excuse

Our sons second to last child lives in the land of the fairies and could in some circumstances be "special" but strangely most of the symptoms disapear when the parents leave her here ,she does though still live with the fairies lol she does have a weird outlook on normality but the playing up and generall naughtiness disapear

Perhaps like the majority of bad dogs its the owners that are the problem ,perhaps johny would act differently if the parents had better training in parenting?

Edited by chesters1

A friend of mine who used to be a teacher used to call it GAD - Galloping Alphabet Disorder :lol:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

For some reason, having a diagnosis (even if it's just a label for a cluster of symptoms) seems to make people feel better.

An old school friend of my partner is in a bad way. She's been having weird symptoms for a long time, and has spent a lot of time with alternative "medicine" practitioners. She's now got a clinical diagnosis, and it's not good. She's got MS and it's quite advanced. But she's a lot better in herself for having a label to hang on it.

Cory,

There must be "evidence" - otherwise why:

• Percent of persons using at least one prescription drug in the past 30 days: 48.9% (2011-2014)
  • Percent of persons using three or more prescription drugs in the past 30 days: 23.1% (2011-2014)
  • Percent of persons using five or more prescription drugs in the past 30 days: 11.9% (2011-2014)
  • Number of drugs ordered or provided: 3.7 billion
  • Percent of visits involving drug therapy: 76.2%
  • Most frequently prescribed therapeutic classes:
    • Analgesics
    • Antihyperlipidemic agents
    • Antidepressants
  • Percent of increase 2014 - 2017 68%

Phone

Ageing population?

Similar stats for the UK;

• In 2015/16 48% of adults had taken at least one prescribed medicine (not including contraception or nicotine replacement therapy) in the last week. This increased with age from 19% of young adults aged 16 to 24 to more than 90% of those aged 75 and over. The proportion of adults taking one or more prescribed medicines was similar to 2012/13.
  • In 2015/16, 24% of adults were taking three or more medicines.
  • The prevalence of prescribed medicine use was higher in more deprived areas: 54% of adults in the most deprived fifth of areas took at least one medicine, compared with 45% in the least deprived areas.
  • Prescribed medicine use was much higher than average among those with self-reported bad or very bad general health (85%), a limiting or non-limiting longstanding condition (76% and 71% respectively), or probable mental ill health (63%).
  • The most commonly used prescribed medicines were antihypertensives (by 15% of adults) and lipid-lowering medicines (14%); followed by proton-pump inhibitors for reducing acid in the stomach (11%); analgesics and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (11%); and antidepressants (10%).

So basically blood pressure tablets, statins (we give those out like sweeties to older people), omeprazole and similar, possibly aspirin and paracetamol though those are available over the counter and cheaper than via the NHS for those who pay for their prescriptions, SSRIs.