What a Guy!

Martin56

Thanks for that Keith, the spec's are stencilled on the 11 foot & the 12' 6" sections. Strangely though they're stenciled with Identical info'.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

This thread (and finding my feeder rod) has rejuvenated my interest in doing a bit more feeder fishing on the upper Thames and seeing if the fishing is still as good as it used to be (or maybe even better).

I just bought a new reel last week that should be ideal for a bit of feeder fishing with this rod.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

This thread (and finding my feeder rod) has rejuvenated my interest in doing a bit more feeder fishing on the upper Thames and seeing if the fishing is still as good as it used to be (or maybe even better).

I just bought a new reel last week that should be ideal for a bit of feeder fishing with this rod.

Keith

I think your new reel will be a great choice to strap on that rod Keith.

• Like 1

I think your new reel will be a great choice to strap on that rod Keith.

Ive just filled its spools with fresh line and its been sitting on my living room table ever since it arrived; being played with by me every now and then Ian. Im like a big kid with a new toy LOL.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Here's a nice "Method" Mix I've started using......

Sonubaits SUPER CRUSH, Spicy meaty method mix.. Made from blended pellets, fishmeals, spices & Meat extract. (Barbel, Bream, Carp & Tench) about 6 or £7 for 2 Kg bag.

It's Red in colour & fishes well with a 8 mm drilled ROBIN RED pellet with a band pulled into the drilled hole or a Quickstop pushed in like a Bayonet.(they tend to break in half if pushed right through to the other side like you would with Meat etc as the hole is a bit small)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Maybe more a Red/Mucky Orange colour & caught me over 35 Lb in last hour of match. Rod almost pulled in every time!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Maybe more a Red/Mucky Orange colour & caught me over 35 Lb in last hour of match. Rod almost pulled in every time!!

I’ll have to give it a try when I’m chasing some Carp and Tench at my local estate lake sometime, it sounds good Martin.

Keith

I’ll have to give it a try when I’m chasing some Carp and Tench at my local estate lake sometime, it sounds good Martin.

Keith

You should also try it with the Robin Red, pre-drilled 8 mm pellets, I barely put the rod down on a lot of occasions when it was off again. :fishing1:

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned the same rod for many years Martin, top notch choice from light to 4oz tip for distance.

Great bite detection from light tip to the heaviest. I still use my 11foot medium feeder for tight to get at spots, I've had that rod for well over 20 years and its still going strong.

So, the rod is rated up to 6 Lb main line but I want to use 8 Lb main, with 6 - 7 Lb hook length. (6 Lb Main can be a bit undergunned on the commies)

I reckon that should still be OK?? (or is that just Drennan covering themselves??)

Your input would be appreciated.

Edited by Martin56