Sajid Javid and Shamima Begums' baby.

John S

Savile Town is just down the road from where I live, and the description in that film is bang on. I travel through the place about once a month, and it's like going through a foreign country. There are many similar enclaves in and around Dewsbury, but Savile Town has gone further down the road than the rest, but they are catching up.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There's nothing remotely authoritarian about any of the parties or people I listed,so as is so often the case "fascists" just seems to be a synonym for "people I don't agree with".

There's nothing remotely authoritarian about any of the parties or people I listed,so as is so often the case "fascists" just seems to be a synonym for "people I don't agree with".

Far right, ultra-nationalists busy scapegoating minorities for the nation's ills in hard times. We've seen it before, Ken, and it didn't end well. It's happening across Europe, as it did in the 30's.

We need one of (or preferably a parliament filled with) these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eWlN_55xM8

But it was perfectly all right when Italy was in Libya, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Somalia? Italy is one of the motherloads of Fascism.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

All,

John, One of the problems of being a "declared snowflake" is that there are stupid liberals - they attack conservatives for not agreeing with everything they say. You will often find them accusing others of being racists, ignoring the poor, and being greedy with a narrow minded point of view. Of course there are those of us that merely disagree with opinions that differ from our own and respect all.

Does anyone really believe this is a matter of left and right? I don't.

The government has no culpability with the decisions made. Not related to the death of a child

Phone

Neither do I Phone. There are good ideas and their are bad ideas. Both left and right have their share of both.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory,

It's impossible to clearly define good and evil ideals. For example your use of the word "fascism".

As a political epithet, fascist has been used in an anti-authoritarian sense to emphasize the common ideology of governmental suppression of individual freedom. You, having suffered the rath more than most, use the word as a vile inditement (?sp) of human security.

But, in a sense, the word fascist is intended to mean oppressive, intolerant, chauvinist, genocidal, dictatorial, racist, or aggressive. The world is full of hatefulness with or without a label.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Cory,

It's impossible to clearly define good and evil ideals. For example your use of the word "fascism".

As a political epithet, fascist has been used in an anti-authoritarian sense to emphasize the common ideology of governmental suppression of individual freedom. You, having suffered the rath more than most, use the word as a vile inditement (?sp) of human security.

But, in a sense, the word fascist is intended to mean oppressive, intolerant, chauvinist, genocidal, dictatorial, racist, or aggressive. The world is full of hatefulness with or without a label.

Phone

I never mentioned the word evil. Italy is the cradle of Fascism.

If it walks like a duck and it squawks like a duck then it's a duck. It may be a different species of duck but it is still a duck.

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

Cory,

Evil is my word as part of my explanation of what fascism has come to mean.

""A fascis was a birch rod carried in ancient Rome by the lictors, a kind of proto-police force. The individual fascis was used to impose discipline on behalf of the state, but when bound together in a bundle of fasces”". So, I have to say yes, it began in Italy. The symbol is now displayed world wide – or at least in the United States it is quite common.

Fascism originally had many abstract definitions - but certainly not today. Not because of the ideology but rather because the "winners" use it to define individuals who "lost" or should loose.

For example,“Il Duce” founded the National Fascist Party in 1919, organizing unemployed First World War veterans into armed groups called the Black Shirts who intimidated political opponents.

Italians by their nature are excitable, impatience, and lack consideration for anyone who is not a direct friend, contact or family. Italians, IMO, are the only people in the world who don't know how to queue up.

Fascism is a "form of government" not a description of a person of Hitler, Mussolini or Franco

You paint with to broad a brush.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Far right, ultra-nationalists busy scapegoating minorities for the nation's ills in hard times. We've seen it before, Ken, and it didn't end well. It's happening across Europe, as it did in the 30's.

Yes, there was a lot of it about and often it was even codified into hateful works of "philosophy":

Let us consider the actual, worldly Jew – not the Sabbath Jew, as Bauer does, but the everyday Jew. Let us not look for the secret of the Jew in his religion, but let us look for the secret of his religion in the real Jew. What is the secular basis of Judaism? Practical need, self-interest. What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money. [...] The Jew has emancipated himself in a Jewish manner, not only because he has acquired financial power, but also because, through him and also apart from him, money has become a world power and the practical Jewish spirit has become the practical spirit of the Christian nations. The Jews have emancipated themselves insofar as the Christians have become Jews. [...] In the final analysis, the emancipation of the Jews is the emancipation of mankind from Judaism.

Where is your evidence that Salvini, Orban etc are fascists?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Diane Abbot

Typical of this woman,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

A few years ago, a Muslim couple opened up a café here in Hull, and put a notice up in the window "No Whites Allowed". Obviously, the police were notified and told the owners that stuff like that was not allowed in this country and just left it at that. The notice was taken down (the café closed shortly after), but I've always wondered, if the notice had said "No Muslims Allowed", would the owners have got away with just a warning or would they have been up in court later that day?

I've been the victim of racial hatred from Muslims and have reported it to the police, but nothing has happened. But I bet my cotton socks that if I said anything against a Muslim, I could be in front of the beak the next day.

This is MY country. My country is NOT Muslim. If you want integration, learn to live with OUR beliefs. That does NOT involve forced marriages, FGM, aligning yourself with groups like Daesh, or telling Englishmen to "**** off and die".

And as for the stupid girl who went over and joined Daesh and subsequently lost 3 kids; serves you right. You have no sympathy from anyone over here in the UK except from your immediate family, the Labour party, and a few snowflakes.

Diane Abbot, I used to respect you as a free-speaking MP. Now however you are just towing the Corbyn line.

And if anyone is in any doubt, I'm a Labour supporter. I have voted Labour for most of my voting life, but I will never vote Labour whilst that streak of **** is in charge of the party.

• Like 3

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.