40 dead

Andrew

True. The trouble is that they now have online echo chambers to bounce their hatred back and forth, and people who are only too willing to legitimise their views in public discourse.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/15/far-right-commentators-keen-to-distance-themselves-from-christchurch-shooter-who-shares-every-single-one-of-their-beliefs

There can be valid points as one moslem said if a moslem shot people hes a terrorist but the person is being called a gun man

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

True. The trouble is that they now have online echo chambers to bounce their hatred back and forth, and people who are only too willing to legitimise their views in public discourse.

https://newsthump.com/2019/03/15/far-right-commentators-keen-to-distance-themselves-from-christchurch-shooter-who-shares-every-single-one-of-their-beliefs

True Steve, but it also applies to all factions, from your examples of far right extremism, to some of the imams in the mosques, the fundamentalism in any religion, politics, right down to gang culture, there will always be those who feel the need to impose their

belief/culture, on anyone they have contact with. It seems to me that there are those who need to feel a part of something, and the more members the better, to them it confirms that they are right in what they think and do.

There used to be rallies, meetings, and soap box pundits to spread the word, but with the invention of the Web, and in particular social media sites, the bile can be spread wider and faster than ever before.

I don't believe you can single one out as being worse than any other, they should all be 'painted with the same brush', and should all be denounced and damned to the same degree.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Indeed. And those preaching hatred and fear of immigrants and Muslims should be painted with the same brush as those preaching Jihad.

Ah, we differ slightly on this. I see a difference between hatred and fear. I fear for the future of my kids and grand kids when I travel a few miles down the road, and see how immigration has changed the entire area. Not just culturally, but every aspect of life in the area.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

As long as there is religion in this world there will be wars, mass murders in the name of god/allah. There will always be radical preachers, there will be individuals ready to do the will of his/her god whoever stands in their way.

IE Norway's mass murder. People back then in 2011 said they would never have thought it could happen there, BUT IT DID !

Breivik, dressed in a homemade police uniform and showing false identification, took a ferry to the island and opened fire at the participants, killing 68 of them outright, and injuring at least 110 people, 55 of them seriously; the 69th victim died in a hospital two days after the massacre.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Ah, we differ slightly on this. I see a difference between hatred and fear. I fear for the future of my kids and grand kids when I travel a few miles down the road, and see how immigration has changed the entire area. Not just culturally, but every aspect of life in the area.

Hatred is rooted in fear. What do you fear?

Nothing really anything off trump yet but I suppose he might say a there a few good people amoung them as he often cuddles up to the far right and even had a link to breitbart the far right website and white supremacy on his twitter account which he has now taken down .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Extremism in any form and from any faction can be very dangerous, as we have seen many times.

My thoughts go out to those killed or injured, plus their families and friends, in this appalling attack.

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Gozzer, if you feel a whimsy of a void toward Steve’s question, without ever knowing why, we all search for a target of the emotional cocktail of grief, fear, disgust, rage and resentment we experience. (You may put any of those words first if it makes you feel better).

Oddly enough, IMO the SAME thing, hate is exactly what also motivates us to stand up for ourselves and those who can no longer speak because their lives were brutally cut short.

From this confusion springs religion to cope with irreconcilable dilemmas

Phone

This was a disgusting act by disgusting people and to try to infer that the victims deserve it in some way is even more disgusting.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Nobody has said or inferred that the victims deserved this.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.