40 dead

Andrew

They also codified the obligation to obey the laws of the land in which one lives.

All the Muslims I know seem to manage to muddle along reconciling their faith with not overthrowing secular democracy.

What happens if the Laws of the Land, conflict with their interpretation of the Koran, Steve?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Moslem first britain second was a turn of phrase i remember ,as to the law it depends just how deep into moslem country you want to go!

I remember the police at the gates when the locals had their do's in the 80's all white now they are asian police to a man (and probably heavily vetted to be the right sort of moslem) how the 'law' is interpretated is unknown but i doubt its our version

We already have sikhs getting round our helmet laws so why not others? ,as the power of islam rises (we already have a couple of mayors) the more we will be forced to change our laws to serve them the only people to blame is us letting them in

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Depends on the conflict and whether obeying the law would mean that they personally were in sin. In that situation, they have to conscientiously object. I am not aware of any such cases, though. They are not obliged to stop others sinning.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The question is about personal behaviour and what the scripture says, not who has sympathy for what or what they would like the law to be.

They are required by their own religion to obey the law unless in doing so they sin.

Naskh (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation"; It refers to the theory in Islamic legal exegesis whereby seemingly contradictory material within, or between, the two primary sources of Islamic law — the Quran and the Sunnah — are resolved by superseding or canceling the earlier revelation.

The last chronological injunction in the Quran is to “kill the disbelievers wherever you find them”.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Surely you don't think that religious relativism is going to work with me...

The bible is bad. The Quran is worse.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire.

You appear to have a particular and specific hatred for Islam. You fear that Muslims are going to enact the ludicrous bits of their scripture in ways you dont fear Christians will.

People used to believe absurdities of Jews.

Anyway, I think I am done with this. We seem to have wandered a long way off topic, which was ordinary men women and children being murdered by someone who was so blinded by hatred that he was unable to see through their religion to their humanity.

• Like 2

I have a deep hatred of all religious ideologies (I feel the same way about Fascism and Communism) but that doesn't necessarily translate to a hatred or even a dislike of the followers of those ideologies - a couple of weeks ago, I was out with a group of long time friends that included an evangelical Christian who is curate of his local church and an Indian Muslim - both of whom have been mates for many, many years.
Islam has a seat at the top of the table in my personal hierarchy of dislikes simply because it it is the biggest threat to me and mine and the culture to which we are a part.

There are many people who follow Islam as nothing more than a religious part of their personal heritage. They take the good bits and ignore the bad and fit in well with the day to day of British life.

Then there are those for whom it is all consuming - as it was always intended to be.

These people actually have a much better claim to be true followers of Islam than the moderates.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali makes the same distinction and refers to the two groups as "Mecca Muslims" and "Medina Muslims", with the former being purely religious and the latter pushing the politics, social control and aggressive expansionism.