Good rig for zander

Thanks, Andrew - and just a big single hook?

Sorry, forgot that bit, I always used 2 trebles on a wire trace, hook size to match bait size but usually 10s or 8s. I'm sure you could use a larger single if you preferred. If so, you may want to wait for a more definite run before setting the hook to have the best change of the hook being in the mouth. With 2 trebles you could strike at smaller indications and have more chance connecting. But, that's only speculation really.

Depending on where you're fishing and time of day/night, you could also try float fishing. The last time we were canal lure fishing for zander we say a guy doing this and he'd caught a couple in daylight. Just a thought, as it might be more up your alley than legering. I've never done it though, so can't offer anything based on experience!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music