Scrap free tv licence for pensioners

big_cod

We've known that this was coming for 12 months or more.

More and more people (and especially young people) are giving up their TV licences and using subscription services that don't require a licence instead.

Because of this, the average age of a BBC1 viewer is now 65 so the BBC are simply asking those that watch the content to pay for it.

There is of course a better option:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

It wont effect me for another 10 years so i have no opinion other than why is there one at all?

Its also racist why can most of europe watch it free? Why are the bbc not sending in thugs knocking down doors in holland or germany?

They also provide channels we pay to make we cannot watch!

Save money ditch the obselete radio channels ,i havnt had a radio since RNI! Why should our money entertain foreigners? And in 40 languages aswell !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Whether it's good or bad, you can thank Gordon Brown for that decision when he was Labour PM.

IMO, Bad :angry:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Whether it's good or bad, you can thank Gordon Brown for that decision when he was Labour PM.

IMO, Bad :angry:

Wasn't it Gordon who introduced free tv licences for pensioners the Torys and the bbc have taken it away utterly shocking labours manifesto at the next general election is to reinstated it and rightly so the Torys robbed my wife and many others out of thousands of pounds with moving the goal post with the pension age and the pensioners over 75 were also on there hit list as well and we have bungling Boris Johnson screaming he is going to give the most wealthy a big tax cut if he becomes PM a deferent vote winner ? which planet is this dummy on it will go down like a lead ballon with the vast majority of the electorate.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/gordon-brown-ending-free-tv-licences-will-worsen-pensioner-poverty-1-4867230

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Wasn't it Gordon who introduced free tv licences for pensioners the Torys and the bbc have taken it away utterly shocking labours manifesto at the next general election is to reinstated it and rightly so the Torys robbed my wife and many others out of thousands of pounds with moving the goal post with the pension age and the pensioners over 75 were also on there hit list as well and we have bungling Boris Johnson screaming he is going to give the most wealthy a big tax cut if he becomes PM a deferent vote winner ? which planet is this dummy on it will go down like a lead ballon with the vast majority of the electorate.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/gordon-brown-ending-free-tv-licences-will-worsen-pensioner-poverty-1-4867230

The vast majority of the electorate dont make the decision about boris becoming pm ,its a tiny minority

PS the equalities act brought pension ages to combine which is an EU directive i think ,needs to be finished implementing this year hense the recent benefit changes which also effect pensioners

How can women claim to be equal to men when they got their pension earlier?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The vast majority of the electorate dont make the decision about boris becoming pm ,its a tiny minority

PS the equalities act brought pension ages to combine which is an EU directive i think ,needs to be finished implementing this year hense the recent benefit changes which also effect pensioners

How can women claim to be equal to men when they got their pension earlier?

It is those in the Tory party who will vote Boris Johnson in as PM who will benefit from his proposed tax cut the tories are on there arse his cut to the wealthy will not do them any favours whatsoever thats just how much the man is out of touch .f

So its the EU fault that the tories changed the goal post with womens pension are you sure about that !!.

Its a disgrace .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1137204/state-pension-age-changes-women-department-for-work-and-pensions

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

The EU introduced the legislation in directive 79/7

Then again in Council Directive 2004/113/EC

Then again in Directive 2006/54/EC

If the EU wants no descrimination between the sexes then the pension age also has to be the same ,it also effects my mrs but unlike you i dont whine about it like a kid

The ages are pretty much equalised all over the EU if you want to enjoy an earlier age go to wheres its less its so simple ,russia may suite you they dont like people standing up to them just like the EU !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_in_Europe

Ofcourse if you want equality then why should those over 75 get tv licencies free when everyone under 75 pays? You cannot have it both ways! Thats blatent age discrimination and technically unlawful

Edited by chesters1

The EU introduced the legislation in directive 79/7

Then again in Council Directive 2004/113/EC

Then again in Directive 2006/54/EC

If the EU wants no descrimination between the sexes then the pension age also has to be the same ,it also effects my mrs but unlike you i dont whine about it like a kid

The ages are pretty much equalised all over the EU if you want to enjoy an earlier age go to wheres its less its so simple ,russia may suite you they dont like people standing up to them just like the EU !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_in_Europe

Ofcourse if you want equality then why should those over 75 get tv licencies free when everyone under 75 pays? You cannot have it both ways! Thats blatent age discrimination and technically unlawful

Wasnt it 2036 it had to be across the board in the EU with same gender pensions it could have been phased in differently no was all about saving cash robbing woman of there pension and off course when we brexit it will revert back to where it was (or will it ) ? wasnt that what you voted for I wont hold my breath another Brexit lie awaits .

You say you dont moan he about it but if it was reversed would refuse the cash of course you would NOT !! you would have both hands out .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg