Scrap free tv licence for pensioners

big_cod

Paul, cast your mind back a few months to when you were calling pensioners for backing Brexit. It was ok for those with a decent pension, they would be ok. We should think about the young ones and how they will manage. Now you are saying that the poor pensioners are being singled out and badly treated, but it's those same pensioners that don't qualify for pension credit, that will have to pay for their licence.

Come on, make your mind up. You can't use the same section of pensioners to prove both side of your argument!

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

He would say black is white if it suited his confirmation bias lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Paul, cast your mind back a few months to when you were calling pensioners for backing Brexit. It was ok for those with a decent pension, they would be ok. We should think about the young ones and how they will manage. Now you are saying that the poor pensioners are being singled out and badly treated, but it's those same pensioners that don't qualify for pension credit, that will have to pay for their licence.

Come on, make your mind up. You can't use the same section of pensioners to prove both side of your argument!

John

Hang on John not all pensioners voted Brexit the same as not all young voters voted remain do you think it was fair to take £50,000 in a swipe of somebody who has paid into the system all there working lives come on John how it was done is a disgrace Chesters says it affects his Missis and he doesnt care strange man but we know that already.

Again so if this all came about because of the EU So when we Brexit which will be our saviour on all fronts ? will the same Tory government then reverse it if the legislation that brought it about then no longer applies or what it just an excuse to bring it in at the time to save cash and rob hard working woman who have paid into the system all there working lives whats your thoughts .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I didnt say i didnt care i said i wont continualy whine about it like you do

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

it just an excuse to bring it in at the time to save cash and rob hard working woman who have paid into the system all there working lives whats your thoughts .

But they haven't have they?

Married women only paid 5.85% NI instead of the standard rate of 12% until April 1977 and the vast majority have taken far more out of the system in benefits than they have paid in in taxes.

And as Harriett Baldwin, MP for West Worcestershire pointed out in 2013: There are more women in the workforce than ever before, and yet they still contribute 60% less in income tax than men.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

But they haven't have they?

Married women only paid 5.85% NI instead of the standard rate of 12% until April 1977 and the vast majority have taken far more out of the system in benefits than they have paid in in taxes.

And as Harriett Baldwin, MP for West Worcestershire pointed out in 2013: There are more women in the workforce than ever before, and yet they still contribute 60% less in income tax than men.

So if a woman pays £1000000 in tax a year does it make her eligible for a bigger state pension of course it doesn't your argument is totally flawed .

My wife had very good job and paid plenty of tax and national insurance and plenty have done have exactly the same and have been robbed .

The DWP claim it would cost £181 billion to reverse there decision pie in sky figures 3.5 million woman got robbed .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/womens-state-pension-age-dwp-16494983

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Still whining!

And the Tory leader competition is a rerun of train spotting movie but here we have Ester McVey having trouble with her wind ? and Boris organising somebody to get a good hiding shocking really .

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/james-obrien-looks-deeper-esther-mcveys-airport/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Hang on John not all pensioners voted Brexit the same as not all young voters voted remain do you think it was fair to take £50,000 in a swipe of somebody who has paid into the system all there working lives come on John how it was done is a disgrace Chesters says it affects his Missis and he doesnt care strange man but we know that already.

Taking £50,000 off those over 75 who will have to pay for their TV licence, Paul? That's over 300 years worth of TV licence! I know we are supposed to be living longer, but to 375yrs+?

Did you get that figure from a speech by Diane Abbott?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John