Scrap free tv licence for pensioners

big_cod

Taking £50,000 off those over 75 who will have to pay for their TV licence, Paul? That's over 300 years worth of TV licence! I know we are supposed to be living longer, but to 375yrs+?

Did you get that figure from a speech by Diane Abbott?

John.

???? What the hell you on about John £50,000 off the over 75s so the majority of pensioners who voted in the referendum probably voted Brexit they might not now by the way as it was 3 years ago people change there minds and what exactly has pensioners who voted Brexit over 75 got to do with not getting a fee tv licence !!!! Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The EU introduced the legislation in directive 79/7

Then again in Council Directive 2004/113/EC

Then again in Directive 2006/54/EC

If the EU wants no descrimination between the sexes then the pension age also has to be the same ,it also effects my mrs but unlike you i dont whine about it like a kid

The ages are pretty much equalised all over the EU if you want to enjoy an earlier age go to wheres its less its so simple ,russia may suite you they dont like people standing up to them just like the EU !https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_in_Europe

Ofcourse if you want equality then why should those over 75 get tv licencies free when everyone under 75 pays? You cannot have it both ways! Thats blatent age discrimination and technically unlawful

You are correct Chesters but there is more to the story.

European Law says that pension rights should be equal, it did not specify on ages. Back in, I think, the mid 1990’s a challenge was made in the ECHR by a male who, quoting the guidance requested that the retirement age for males to be reduced to 60 to make it equal, obviously this causes a worry to any Government due to costs.

Strangely, coincidentally or perhaps even by chance, a certain human rights lawyer by the name of Cherie Blair found a client, female of course who did not wish to retire at 60. The ECHR decided that this was far more important than the earlier challenge and obviously in public interest they accelerated the claim to the top of the pile.

I suppose they could have been of the opinion that a female does not HAVE to stop working at 60! She could claim her pension and continue working, whereas the male has no choice but work for another 5 years.

Instead they ruled and the consequences of that ruling continue.

Please don’t worry about the Lawyer’s costs, that came from legal aid.

But let’s all blame the Conservatives or perhaps brexit.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

You are correct Chesters but there is more to the story.

European Law says that pension rights should be equal, it did not specify on ages. Back in, I think, the mid 1990s a challenge was made in the ECHR by a male who, quoting the guidance requested that the retirement age for males to be reduced to 60 to make it equal, obviously this causes a worry to any Government due to costs.

Strangely, coincidentally or perhaps even by chance, a certain human rights lawyer by the name of Cherie Blair found a client, female of course who did not wish to retire at 60. The ECHR decided that this was far more important than the earlier challenge and obviously in public interest they accelerated the claim to the top of the pile.

I suppose they could have been of the opinion that a female does not HAVE to stop working at 60! She could claim her pension and continue working, whereas the male has no choice but work for another 5 years.

Instead they ruled and the consequences of that ruling continue.

Please dont worry about the Lawyers costs, that came from legal aid.

But lets all blame the Conservatives or perhaps brexit.

I wouldnt worry the conservatives showing in Peterborough polling was dismal to say the least but probably near on 3.5 million woman might just do this in the next election ? you get shafted you then return the favour simple aint it . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

???? What the hell you on about John £50,000 off the over 75s so the majority of pensioners who voted in the referendum probably voted Brexit they might not now by the way as it was 3 years ago people change there minds and what exactly has pensioners who voted Brexit over 75 got to do with not getting a fee tv licence !!!!

I'm not surprised you have trouble understanding my post Paul. You obviously didn't understand my last post you replied to either, because your reply had little to do with what I said.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm not surprised you have trouble understanding my post Paul. You obviously didn't understand my last post you replied to either, because your reply had little to do with what I said.

John.

And as its supposedly the EU fault with the rise in woman pension age when we Brexit will the Torys reverse it as the legislation will no longer apply like shite they will robbers .

Mind I shouldnt say when we Brexit it still may not happen nothing is certain in this world only going to your grave is mathematically certainty Brexit isnt.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

And as its supposedly the EU fault with the rise in woman pension age when we Brexit will the Torys reverse it as the legislation will no longer apply like shite they will robbers .

Again! sod all to do with the post you are replying to! You couldn't make it up!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Again! sod all to do with the post you are replying to! You couldn't make it up!

John.

So lets put very simply do agree woman being robbed out of £50,000 whether they voted Brexit or remain !!!! Because personally its disgusting so whats your thoughts . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

It affected my wife, so I know all about it, but, that wasn't what I was talking about in any of my posts in this thread.

Are you actually reading posts, or listening to some little voices telling you what to write?

John.

It affected my wife, so I know all about it, but, that wasn't what I was talking about in any of my posts in this thread.

Are you actually reading posts, or listening to some little voices telling you what to write?

John.

And the little voices in your head can answer this are you insinuating that all pensioners who dont qualify for pension credit are awash with cash then you have heard of the poverty trap then !!! My mother-in-law fell straight into just that pennies off help she needed when she lost her husband and yes there are a lot of very wealthy pensioners and lot of very very poor ones as well and not of all them voted Brexit but you can guess which category did . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

And the little voices in your head can answer this are you insinuating that all pensioners who dont qualify for pension credit are awash with cash then you have heard of the poverty trap then !!! My mother-in-law fell straight into just that pennies off help she needed when she lost her husband and yes there are a lot of very wealthy pensioners and lot of very very poor ones as well and not of all them voted Brexit but you can guess which category did .

Deranged ramblings of a madman!

Trouble is now he has two threads to continualy whine and whine and whine about brexit

Strange he rarely posts on anything else you would think he would be on the sea fishing section but strangely not ,perhaps whining and rambling on that section would get him caught out even more so saves it for non fishing

What section of pensioners voted brexit and the link to the proof please!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson