Scrap free tv licence for pensioners

big_cod

Why is there a lack of investment?

If there is pool of wiling labour that will commit to taking on a job at a fair wage and applying themselves, businesses should be queuing up to take advantage and in fact, we find that in 2016, the unemployment rate for Barrow-in-Furness was recorded at 5.6%, which isn't very different from the rest of the country.

We still see that 5.6% of the population whining about the lack of the very opportunities that they themselves are too idle to seek out.

Define "fair wage" please.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Define "fair wage" please.

More than minimum wage but low enough to make it economic for employers.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Why is there a lack of investment?

If there is pool of wiling labour that will commit to taking on a job at a fair wage and applying themselves, businesses should be queuing up to take advantage and in fact, we find that in 2016, the unemployment rate for Barrow-in-Furness was recorded at 5.6%, which isn't very different from the rest of the country.

We still see that 5.6% of the population whining about the lack of the very opportunities that they themselves are too idle to seek out.

Barrow in furnace I worked there in the 80ss vickers was the main employer in them days and to me and to many of my work colleagues who were contractors it was a low wage economy infact I had a skilled joiner earning more money labouring to me than being a joiner in the shipyard for vickers .

And the agreement was no skilled labour to work outside of vickers to work on any of there land only unskilled labour, we were working on the new gas terminal for British Gas the land owners were vickers crazy world but thats how it was barrows wages were low and anybody who says get on your bike and do better when the main employer in the town pays not brilliant wages are dreaming naive hard working people in a low wage economy thats how barrow was aint sure now but I bet still way below the national average.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Perhaps your joiner friend should have taken Norman's advice.

Actually, it sounds as if he did.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Not sure the national average wage has any revelance ,if your on 10 grand a year its going to go much further oop norf than it will in commuter belt surrey!

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Perhaps your joiner friend should have taken Norman's advice.

Actually, it sounds as if he did.

Vickers was the main employer in barrow who dictated the wages I remember Norman tebbit very well clueless man so everybody gets on there bike and leave a town empty reality doesn't even come anywhere near . Remember the recession in the 80ss boom and bust 1000s lost there homes Interest rates around 15% mind you you never know history could well repeat itself very shortly now wouldn't that be something. Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The UK’s withdrawal from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism on 16 September 1992 meant a rise in the base interest rate from 10 per cent to 12 per cent at 10.30am on that day; later that day there was a promise from John Major’s government to raise the rate further to 15 per cent - although that never actually happened.

Now, who do you suppose was responsible for the volatility of the ERM and whose speculation on Stirling do you suppose Major's government was trying to counteract?

Things will change for the better in Barrow. Work is ongoing to transform the port area to make it suitable for cruise ships to dock. It will soon be the gateway to the Lake District. Lots of morbidly obese Americans will visit. Good or not?