Angling Trust Appoint Andy Taylor as Competition Support Officer

The Angling Trust is pleased to announce the appointment of Andy Taylor as its new Competition Support Officer. Andy brings a wealth of experience gained within angling and the fishery management sector having lectured in fishery management for twenty years and assisted in the management of his parent's commercial trout fishery for thirty years. Andy was the editor of Total FlyFisher magazine and is now the editor of the quarterly Today's FlyFisher magazine, he is a qualified game angling instructor and currently part of the Wychwood ProTeam

w660_1110072_andytaylorphoto1-300x200.jpAndy is a familiar face on the Game angling competition circuit and has represented England at both Loch Style and Bank disciplines along with competing in the national river's final. Andy is the current English National Bank Champion and will form part of the England team in the Home International in Ireland late this year, his wealth of competition experience will be a huge asset to the Angling Trust.

Andy said “I have been involved in competition fly fishing since the Benson and Hedges team competition and the Fly Dressers Guild John Watts boat matches and have enjoyed pitting my fishing skills against some of the best UK anglers. During this time, I have learnt so much, made some great friends and fished at some exceptional fisheries. I feel now is the time to give something back to an area of angling that I am passionate about. I'm looking forward to working with the many anglers, volunteers and the small team with the competitions department of the Angling Trust to develop competition fishing at all levels. It is important that we have a thriving competition scene in all disciplines, a vibrant and successful youth provision, and gold medal winning National, European and World teams.

Senior Competitions Officer Ben Thompson said “We are delighted to have Andy join the team. His knowledge and experience of the competition scene will add significant value to the department and his appointment will enable us to develop existing and new competitions over the coming year. I am sure he will be a success in the role, and I look forward to working with him.

Andy will be working with the Angling Trust for eighteen and a half hours per week. He will initially focus on the game angling competitions in England, working closely with Team England Fly Fishing, England Youth, the Elite Performance Programme and England Ladies.

Andy can be contacted at:email: andy.taylor@anglingtrust.net

w660_1110073_andytaylorphoto2.jpg

Click here to view the full article

Try our newTackle & Bait Finder
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

Grab yourself an amazing bargain at http://www.cheap-bargains.co.uk/

USING THE LINKS ABOVE IS A WAY THAT YOU CAN HELP KEEP ANGLERS' NET FREE!

Important Information

We and our partners use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences, repeat visits and to show you personalised advertisements. By clicking “I Agree”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. However, you may visit Cookie Settings to provide a controlled consent.