Cyclists riding no-handed

John S

Being killed due to an unavoidable accident is tragic.

Being killed because you acted like a complete idiot, well that's your own stupid bl**dy fault. It's the people left behind that I feel sorry for.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Laugh it up.

Edit: Just for clarity:

I've been sprawled all over the road by an idiot who pulled out on me and I'm still regularly in pain as a result. I used to work with a guy who was killed by a lorry on his commute to work and I currently work with a guy who lost his father when he was crushed to death by a bus while cycling to work through Birmingham city centre.

The egocentric attitudes of many drivers who are dismissive of the safety of other road users are resulting in the deaths of a lot of people.

OK, so we all get what often happens when someone is run over by a bus or other vehicle!!

Admin' please remove the Link. (sorry Ken, I just think watching someone losing their life on here is a bridge too far)

Or is it just me.?

If you didn't want to watch it you should not have clicked on "CONTINUE".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Oh, I'm very much the free speech absolutist.

Say what you will, laugh at anybody you like - but don't complain when somebody calls you out for what you say.

No such thing. Not even in the US of A.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

We could always design our roads to be a bit more like those the Netherlands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_in_the_Netherlands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkPbTvJZFSI

Edited by corydoras

No such thing. Not even in the US of A.

True up to a point but the limits of free speech were worked out in the western world long before the current wave of political correctness, rampant "deplatforming" and censorious tech giants.

The law already proscribes that incitement to violence, defamation and harassment are unacceptable and society has managed pretty well on that basis for many generations.

We could always design our roads to be a bit more like those the Netherlands.

Well yes, but we have a way to go. The main route from Birmingham to Kidderminster is the A456. The main commuter traffic is driving/riding into the rising sun in the morning and into the setting sun in the evening and along much of it's length, there are no cycle lanes and no pavements.

One of the scariest trips I ever had to make was cycling home in September 2014 when the trains failed.

My vision was down to 6:30 in my right eye and I was getting triple images which isn't much fun with headlights - scary enough to force me to get a lens implant.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

True up to a point but the limits of free speech were worked out in the western world long before the current wave of political correctness, rampant "deplatforming" and censorious tech giants.

The law already proscribes that incitement to violence, defamation and harassment are unacceptable and society has managed pretty well on that basis for many generations.Well yes, but we have a way to go. The main route from Birmingham to Kidderminster is the A456. The main commuter traffic is driving/riding into the rising sun in the morning and into the setting sun in the evening and along much of it's length, there are no cycle lanes and no pavements.

One of the scariest trips I ever had to make was cycling home in September 2014 when the trains failed.

My vision was down to 6:30 in my right eye and I was getting triple images which isn't much fun with headlights - scary enough to force me to get a lens implant.

No bigger an enemy of deplatforming than me Ken. Question. Does your definition of absolute free speeech including inciting violence?

No. Inciting violence is already against the law though.

And no, although it was deplorable, I don't think Jo Brand's comment crossed the line.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No. Inciting violence is already against the law though.

And no, although it was deplorable, I don't think Jo Brand's comment crossed the line.

No, me neither Ken The day when we censor comedians we may as well throw the towel in.

No, me neither Ken The day when we censor comedians we may as well throw the towel in.

It looks like the boil is coming to a head.

If you didn't want to watch it you should not have clicked on "CONTINUE".

I would have no problem however seeing a roadside billboard showing a burglar with his brains blown out as a deterrent to intruders.

"This is what could happen to you if your'e caught uninvited into someone else's home!!"

Good on Ya' Tony Martin punk.gif

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!