Cyclists riding no-handed

John S

Is that a swan vesta box ,an ordinary box or one of those huge 'cooks' boxes of matches?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

AH the normal size then lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Snakey

The automotive industry is a vital part of the UK economy accounting for more than £82 billion turnover and £20.2 billion value added.

With some 186,000 people employed directly in manufacturing and in excess of 856,000 across the wider automotive industry, it accounts for 12.0% of total UK export of goods and invests £3.65 billion each year in automotive R&D.

More than 30 manufacturers build in excess of 70 models of vehicle in the UK supported by 2,500 component providers and some of the world’s most skilled engineers.

2,500,000 cages registered in 2017

On the other hand bicycles:

About 5% of adults cycled at least once a week in 2016/17

It should be noted that it has been long known that a considerable percentage of nonfatal casualties are not reported to the police since cyclists have no obligation to inform the police of collisions.

I’m trying to point out, in vane perhaps, the source of revenue is not material. The reasonable intent of the revenue is for accommodating cage drivers. Cyclists are the come along African oxpeckers. They pretend to eat ticks when they are actually blood suckers.

Phone

All cut and paste from UK gov. except the last paragraph.

I can't speak for those 'down South', but here in Yorkshire, there has been a massive increase in the number of cyclists since we hosted the leg of the 'Tour de France'. We now have the annual stupidly named 'Tour de Yorkshire', which has increased the number even more.

There are those that I call 'cyclists', and those who just 'ride a bike'. The former have been doing it for years, or at least are traffic aware. The rest consist of the lycra clad, 'all the gear and no idea' types, and the ones who have dragged an ancient bike out of the shed, or got hold of a cheap second hand one. These ride with the same mindset as when they last rode a bike, in their early teens. Both types weave in and out of the traffic, which can be scary when you see them coming on the inside and leave room, only to have them suddenly reappear on the outside, often over the white line, into oncoming traffic! If you are in the oncoming traffic, and see one approaching you, and dare to sound your horn or flash your lights, a fingered gesture usually follows.

Then you have the 'balancing act' at the lights, wobbling about trying to keep stationary without putting their foot down. If they find themselves falling, then of course they can always lean on your car. I had one do it to me, but when I reached out and put my hand on his bike, he got a bit upset, and told me to let go, while still leaning on my car! I told him it worked both ways, and if I let go, then so should he. He told me to **** off, so I moved the car a foot or so forward and he nearly fell over, he was not amused.

Many don't like you having dash cams either, they like to point out that they have you on their helmet cam in any dispute, but don't seem to like you doing the same.

These are the main types I see up here, and I feel it's mainly down to the interest caused by the promotion of the two events I mentioned. Whether the interest will wain after a while, I don't know, I just hope that the last group I mentioned, either lose interest, or get some experience, and realise that there are more people on the road, (or pavement, pedestrian precincts, etc) than them.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Darn sarf we have loads ,the cycling to work ones are in short supply here in the country but there seems to be a vast number of riders riding in what i class as working hours (9-5) bugger knows why they are not at work?

The latter dress in the clown suits (sky seems to be popular) all with a fag packet sized something in a pocket on the back of the top and a monkeys arese in their trousers!?!

As you would expect at the weekend theres hundreds but generally you hear these coming hundreds of yards away with them gossiping at the top of their voices .

Being retired i am in no hurry to get home after shopping so its quite common for me to wait an hour for a bus but find it strange the amount of working age people not seemingly at work!! But definately the age of the cyclists increases and grey hair abundant with old chaps keeping fit rather than depending on cycles to get to work .not sure how people can afford to have so much free time today cafes seem to be full all day but if your not working how can you afford drinks never mind carbon bikes with razor blades on edge as seats and clown suits so garish they risk being knocked over with car drivers trying to read the logo on them !

That bradly wiggins seems to have stirred things up and the cyclist suddenly appeared in far more numbers and bicycle shops exploded to sell them bikes and clown suits in every shade known to man except in flouro the only colour that could keep them from spinning round spitting out body parts from lorry drive shafts finding out in their last second on earth having "sky" on their shirts dont mean **** all in real life!

One downside is bike types these modern tyres 1/4" of an inch wide dont make as much noise as a knobbly mountain bike tyre so you just dont hear them behind you on a country road !

Perhaps we should go back to old bikes that squeaked and groaned under the effort to pedal them with sturmey 3 geared hubs (if you were lucky) with a couple of different sized wheels and a trusty ever ready front light thats beam on a fresh battery hardly got to the road and had a definate brown tinge an hour later as the battery went dead and the happy time trying to get it out the lamp after it swole to twice its size 5 minutes after that and the washing of eyes after getting the fluid rapidly rusting this brand new lamp in minutes out of your eyes ,perhaps not all the 'good old days' were not as good as we think lol

Edited by chesters1

All,

Final word, "there's a place for bicycles"

GettyImages-668015360.jpg

Phone

scrap-yard-1_2696038b.jpg

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote