River Trent

Gazza198182

Thanks John

I have joined the Notts AA and fished the Farndon stretch which was hard but i am assuming this is down to the recent weather we have had. Hopefully soon i will get my first Barbel!!

They do say that 'great minds think alike'. biggrin.png

I've caught most of my barbel from late August on, so you've plenty of time. I know the trend is for massive leads fished out in the middle, but I wouldn't neglect the near bank, especially if there is some colour in the water.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• 3 weeks later...

Those Haith's ROBIN RED 8 mm pre drilled pellets I keep banging on about are good for Barbel, not just Carp!!

Pull the hair rigged band into the hole with a hooked baiting needle rather than banding around the pellet - Presents much better that way IMO.

Might want to consider same but in 12 or even 15 mm?? you get loads for £4.99 in a 900 gram bag. fishing.gif

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Hi Martin

Where would i get these pellets from?

Hi Gazza, nearly all tackle shops will have them on the shelf, or online (makes them dearer pellets unless free delivery though)

Hi Martin

Where would i get these pellets from?

If online just google Robin Red & loads will come up.

You'll also need a very small hooked bait needle to go through the small hole!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

• 3 weeks later...