Big rivers in summer - where are the fish?

The Flying Tench

Phone -

"you'll be impressed how handsome I am"

Not to mention Modest & Humble!!

https://youtu.be/mYKWch_MNY0

Or Maybe this??

https://youtu.be/UrgpZ0fUixs

Just Joshin' with you Mate.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Hi Phone, maybe the reason why a lot of us don't post pictures is they (Like Me) find it so hard to do & have given up trying??

Maybe you could explain it in easy steps!!

ie, the photo's in "My Pictures" on the Laptop don't have a URL (as far as I can see) - just a jpeg number.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

I use the free photo and image hosting site: https://postimages.org/ to store the pictures that I use on websites and paste the image into a forum post from that; It is very easy to use.

Once your images have been uploaded onto PostImage you can very easily select a picture and paste a link to display it in a forum post.

I recommend you load some photos into it and have a play around to see what you can do (edit, rotate, or place a shortcut to one of your pictures into your computers memory ready for pasting into a forum etc. etc.)

If you want I can create a new post explaining in more detail how to use PostImage, with photos of each stage.

Anyway have a go, its well worth the small amount of effort thats needed to get your pictures into your forum posts, and its free.

840-ECBC0-9-BBD-45-B1-A533-F0-AB3-DEBD6-

Above:Image link from postimage

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Martin,

You have ask the "least" capable person on AN. However, for "pictures" I go to google images and define what it is I am looking for.

Click on a picture and it becomes enlarged and you can "visit" the site where it came from. Then "go back"

Now highlight the picture starting in one corner and keeping the left mouse key down move the cursor diagonally until the picture turns blue.

Right click and select "copy image" (some will be copyrighted and some will be incompatible with AN (?) )

You don't have any problem posting URL's do you?

You have probably noticed I have no personal pictures on AN. That's because I don't know HOW. I tried posting several and even sought out help when trying to post my quills - setup - etc. (remember that thread?) Another story but I am now fishing the "spot" since it is very urban and super accessible. Someday, I will even try again to post my mug, you'll be impressed how handsome I am.

Phone

I think i found you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xRv9ZQOCPo

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Keith, how easy was That!!

Did it first time.

Reel doesn't look much but a great Trotter all the same.DSCN1630.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Nice one Martin. Nice reel

Now all we need to do is to get Ken and our friend across the pond (phone) to start posting their pics. :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

• 2 weeks later...

You have probably noticed I have no personal pictures on AN. That's because I don't know HOW. I tried posting several and even sought out help when trying to post my quills - setup - etc. (remember that thread?) Another story but I am now fishing the "spot" since it is very urban and super accessible. Someday, I will even try again to post my mug, you'll be impressed how handsome I am.

Phone

Phone, have you managed to load some photos into PostImage yet?

Ive done a little write up to show how to insert one of your photos into one of your posts on AnglersNet from PostImage.

Then we can see some of your photos and also see your ugly mug too. Lol.

How to copy a photo that you have previously uploaded into PostImage into your forum post

1. Click the Share box above your picture (see arrow)

postimage1.jpg

2. When the list of code items appears (see pic below) click on the Copy Icon thats at the right end of the Hotlink for Forums line (see arrow) to Copy the link code into memory.

postimage2.jpg

3. Then Go to your post in AnglersNet and place the cursor where you want your picture to go, and paste the picture link code from memory ( press ctrl/v to paste on a PC ).

You will then see your photo in your post (once you save your post).

Its very easy once youve done it.

NB: The list of hot links also appears when you first load your picture(s) into postimage as well, so you can go from there and skip paragraph 1

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2

So what d'ya get from a reel £300+ which mine won't do??

Mine's a sealed bearing so maybe not a true pin?? (Snobbery IMO) but would have come out a tenner tops (prob' more like a fiver) in the mid 70's for my 17th birthday present. A tenner was proper money at that time

I'd put this one up against any on the market - even these days. (OK so you get more, smaller holes in the newer, top end ones)

Edited by Martin56

So what d'ya get from a reel £300+ which mine won't do??

Mine's a sealed bearing so maybe not a true pin?? (Snobbery IMO) but would have come out a tenner tops (prob' more like a fiver) in the mid 70's for my 17th birthday present. A tenner was proper money at that time

I'd put this one up against any on the market - even these days. (OK so you get more, smaller holes in the newer, top end ones)

Martin, there are a number of things that make an expensive reel expensive.

No doubt your reel can do anything any of the more expensive reels can do.

I have seen the same reels as yours in the past, they are like a plain alloy Leeds. Yours looks like a 5 incher.

I have a few different sizes, from 4inch to 4 1/4 inches to 4 1/2inches, and one reel of 4 3/4 inches. The width of line lays varies on my reels also.

Edward vom Hofe (10) fishing reels 1/0 thur 16/0 - $38,000 (used)

il_794xN.656712011_l36n.jpg

Martin,

You don't "get it". The symbolism and mystique of expensive centrepins (kit in general) is intentionally exactly what you say it is.

Similar to why people say, "money isn't everything" - frankly, it is way ahead of 2nd place. Only the people who don't have money extol the virtues of "equal functionality".

Snobbery appeals to those who what to be "the best of the best".

For example, I report I am one tough son-of-a-gun and NOT a quitter. - That's a true statement.

Phone

(Ohh I smoke)

Martin,

BTW, I've been there, done that and have the T-shirt. I won't lie to you - I enjoyed every second of fame, I love showing off.

As I aged I realized I could command the same attention by over emphasising antithetical behavioUr - especially angling because "equipment" is virtually contrasted and mutually incompatible.with catching flipping fish. Remember, when you buy fishing equipment you are buying the sizzle not the steak.

Phone