Kippax Park Match today

Martin56

Fished our club match at Kippax Park Lakes today.

Finished 3rd with 30 Lb 8 oz, first fish broke my feeder rod but still landed it with just half a rod!!

Luckily I had a spare rod but with a screw in quiver tip & got the line fast round the quiver tip eye, it broke me off at the tip taking 10 yards+ of line, feeder & all.

I then set up again but just rod end tactics - No quiver this time (Still nearly pulled the rod in)

I lost another couple of donkeys as well - I should have won it but for that tangle around the tip!!

Our Richard won with 33 Lb. our Nigel was 2nd with 31 Lb so a Family 1 2 3.

Baits that caught = Robin Red 8 mm drilled pellet, peeled & cooked King prawns (cut into 3 baits) & Luncheon meat, flavoured with Colman's Sausage & Onion Casserole powder.

Talk about Martin's Luck!!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 2

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Sounds stressful amartin!...maybe you would have been better to use a decent avon rod, a bit more robust. I use one for touch legering for tench and even the rudd give a fair old tug which is easily seen on the tip if the rod is in its rests.

I prep'd the meat night before with the Colman's powder, adding a sprinkling of water so it could soak in. (shaking it in the bait box for an even coating)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!