A few hours spent on my local estate lake

BoldBear

My son Stuart and I had a few hours on the estate lake late in the afternoon today.

Being at the weekend we were quite surprised to see only one other car in the car park and only two other anglers fishing on the lake so we virtually had the whole of the lake to ourselves; which usually meant that it wasnt fishing its best.

I chose a swim with the end of an island directly in front of me and where I have had some nice Carp from in the past (pic below).

I had one rod tight up to the end of the island in a small bay and the other rod further left near a small Lilly bed.

C53-D8-BF7-4289-4052-8056-F7649-AE3-B2-C

We both had a couple of fish from around 10.5lb up to just over 15lb but alas no 20lb-ers this time.

It was so nice to be fishing such a remote and peaceful and lovely lake so it didnt really matter that the fish werent quite as hungry as they normally are.

1-C797970-B0-AC-4-E54-8-E2-F-2414902-A47

Just a 10.5lb-er but still a good fish and very welcome.

23-A5-BF5-F-F777-4-E83-9-EBF-18-B976-E0-

My second fish which went a little over 15lb.

Im going to have a few evenings on my local streams chasing Barbel very soon, once the initial rush is over, and spending a few hours on the estate lake was just a very pleasurable diversion.

Keith

• Like 3

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Very nice report Keith - don't forget the Robin Red drilled pellets + the Spicy Meaty Method Mix.. fishing1.gif

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks Martin, Ive just returned from visiting various ports along the Adriatic, Ionion and Aegrean seas visiting various places in Turkey, Greece, Montenegro, Italy and Croatia in temperatures of between 25 to 35 degrees and I really missed good old Blighty and its coarse fishing, even though I've heard that the weather at home has been a little wet at times, so fishing the estate lake on a pleasurable warm overcast day has been a real breath of fresh air for me.

I cant wait to get back on my local streams after a few Barbel once the initial rush is over.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Hi Keith, got back from Croatia ourselves a couple of weeks ago (Porec) went last year as well (Hotel Pallazo)

Beautiful Hotel & could almost fish from bedroom window in the harbour ,

Hotel Pallazo again is where we stayed, & ate in the Sarajevo Restaurant (uptown) every night (yes there's loads of other places to eat) but no contest re the food/friendliness/choice.

You need to buy a Licence to fish but only a very few quid. (1 day, 3 days, 7 days)

There's like a travel shop to get the License on the same front as hotel.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

BoldBear,

Beautiful common and well cared for, when I was young what few mirror carp there were allegedly diseased commons. You know, I have never gotten over that "fact" from my boyhood. Conquencely, I have never come to appreciate mirror or leather carp.

Taking a chance of disagreement I have to say I've had nothing but bad luck with your chair. They remain to fiddly until I finally lose a bit or bob and then it's all downhill.

We are not yet through the spawn in my region of the US. In fact, it's unlikely we will have much of a spawn. We have had record rainfall. Traditional spawning locations are now in 20 ft. of water. The Missouri River is expected to remain at or above flood stage until November. (Currently it is about 5 miles wide.)

Phone

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1