Photo
- - - - -

Any Tricks For Breathing Life Into Old 12v Batteries?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,936 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

Whoops

Edited by chesters1, 01 July 2019 - 06:52 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#22 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,936 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:51 AM

Amphours are a capacity on a lable ,amps are current they dont need a lable
Note "requires cranking current up to 1000A" its not 1000Ah ,different things mr bush
I never mentioned the capacity only current

Elton mentioned voltage and i questioned 24v when he had earlier said 12v

As mr bush mention 75Ah is considerable but also very heavy could it be two 7.5Ah batteries? those small sealed 12v batteries senn in many places but light enough to carry to a charger ? In this day and age they are swiftly becoming replaced with lithium cells of many voltages and capacities not a good idea in many cases IMHO i recently replaced my old batteries in one of my drills with lithium and imported a charging pcb that takes the danger away of charging these mini bombs up!
I think doing so stops enterprising people strapping vast 200Ah leisure batteries to their scooters and increasing the range as i would if i had to rely on a scooter ,getting it on a bus though could be amusing for passengers though easpecially if it had a couple more in a trailer i like to make REALLY sure i can get home lol

Edited by chesters1, 01 July 2019 - 08:00 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

#23 Elton

Elton

Site Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,503 posts
  • Interests:fishing, internet, cars, my dog

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:59 AM

Yes, there are two 12v batteries (used to create 24v).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

#24 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,936 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:52 AM

AH that explains it ,i thought you maybe putting 24v across a 12v battery ,it can be done with two externally by joining a + to a - and using the other ones to charge normally
If they are joined + to + and - to - its still 12v

Edited by chesters1, 01 July 2019 - 11:54 AM.

#25 Mikench

Mikench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Now retired so free to travel, fish and do whatever i like. I like food and cooking and going to France. As for being pretentious , moi!!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:53 PM

A modern charger can make a difference such as a C tek which desulphurises and helps to regenerate a battery.