Any Tricks For Breathing Life Into Old 12v Batteries?

Elton

24v?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Probably not the same type of use ,car batteries are designed to give big amps for a short period and deep cycle ones small amps for a long while .

Car batteries cannot take their volts taking down under 12.5 ish without stressing the plates whereas deep cycle ones can

I doubt grannie or kids will monitor the volts so a car battery wont enjoy the outings lol

The old trick of using high volts at low amps works for nicads but modern charges use high frequency to desulphate car batteries .

Sometimes lithium batteries go so low the protection circuit cuts in and they cannot be recharged ,plugging in their charger lots of times for 5 seconds a go trick it into charging again but it could take a few hours of doing it!

Or just bypass the protection circuitry.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Or just bypass the protection circuitry.

In 18650 easy !in built in batteries in tablets not so

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Elton,

Stand clear and unplug at the electrical source and wait a minute or so. "Rednecking" batteries can be tricky, especially sealed.

You may have stumbled on your solution? In the day, my big trucks were 24 volt in series of 6 or 8 batteries. In the UK what is the electrical system on your big rigs?

Phone

how much £ for the proper battery is too much £ re what he paid for the scooter??

My wife's scooter takes two 12v 75amp batteries - £234 per pair, and that's eBay not OEM.

Elton,

Ayjay,

It's written on the (old) battery itself. It's not amperes it's Ah. Current consumption depends on the load. The battery itself only supplies voltage.

For example: A typical specification of battery is 12V - 7Ah. If your load is consuming 1A current, then it will last for 7 hours. If you have a 10Ah battery means you can draw steady current of 10 A for an hour.

See if the battery doesn't say "Ah" Ayjay. 75Ah would give her considerable power range.

Ayjay,

It's written on the (old) battery itself. It's not amperes it's Ah.

See if the battery doesn't say "Ah" Ayjay. 75Ah would give her considerable power range.

I don't need to look, I know you're correct. (it had to happen some time. biggrin.png ) . I blame Chesters, he started calling them amps.wink.png

Short the + & - together it will be crude amps melting that wire!

Heres the difference between car batteries and leisure batteries

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/info/technical/understanding-leisure-batteries/

Edited by chesters1

ayjay,

I also believe I have discovered a way to post my personal pictures on AN. I can post to FaceBook and then copy and paste to AN. Worked once.

I then shall endeavoUr to show up the "doubting Thomas'" with my quill pictures. However, I can now fish this very urban pond with my own creation of ULTRA ultra light kit. The quills sucked (as in didn't work) although I take full responsibility for their failure.

Phone